• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone ever done this?

JesusFreak

Hard-core CEG'er
On the SRT4, their catback is this:

15786_lg.jpg

Has anyone done this before, ran a pipe from one cutout to the other, and just had the exhaust pipe into it the way this is....

Would it sound different then having a second y, and would it be too restrictive?

Thinking about doing something like this because i would love to see the pipe going from one side the the other in the stazi mesh!

yeah because thats good for airflow ...

hence why i am asking... but i was thinking of putting a smoother transition at the end of the 1 pipe leading into the tail pipe, or was thinking of bring the true duals into that pipe and using it like a crossover!

Kinda like what vinny has IIRC?.

Sorta... his true duals go all the way back and then there is a pipe that goes between the two pipes... maybe i need to drum up some paint skills and kinda show what i mean

something along these lines, true duals that flow into this pipe

409540196.jpg

Last edited:
That exhaust system = Failure... The way it comes back like that is restricting it. However your drawing looks like it could work.. Have fun doing the welding though.:help:

That exhaust system = Failure... The way it comes back like that is restricting it. However your drawing looks like it could work.. Have fun doing the welding though.:help:

Ya the straight to a T pipe does hinder the flow. think of it as running water everything that flows has the same effect. if its a sharp bend it rams into the other side and stops builds up and whats behind it pushes it the new way so u always want to try and keep things smooth and gradual curves. This even goes for electricity beleive it or not.

Back