• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone else mountain bike?

DanMyers

Hard-core CEG'er
I got into it about 2 years ago, and ended up going every day on a $70 wal-mart bike. After a year and a half of not riding I found a sweet deal on last years model Diamondback Coil EX, down to $350 from $600!

It's a pretty nice bike if you can find one, here's a stock pic of one
Image.aspx
That's two years older than mine but looks pretty much the same, but mines a bright metallic blue.

Anyone else here ride? Post up some pics (I'll try to take some this week) and maybe if you're in the area we can go sometime.

I ride a bike in the woods...but its a BMX...:shrug:

I always wanted to get into mountain biking, it always seemed pretty fun. It would be nice to have more than one gear too lol

Anyone else here ride? Post up some pics (I'll try to take some this week) and maybe if you're in the area we can go sometime.

You could say I am familiar. Its my passion, though after owning one diamondback I will never own another. Heavy Junk IMO.

This is from last season and the bike being converted to a single speed for random riding with friends while I get a new one with much nicer components and disc brakes.
I doubt it will be a full suspension since I don't want to drop the 1300+ for an entry level decent one.

mailgooglecom.jpg

Yeah I actually dumped mine on a BMX jump the other day. Haha.

Yeah, I know Diamondback isn't the best company, but you have to understand I'm a college kid with barely any wiggle room financially, and actually the bike is pretty light, I can pick it up and easily move it with one hand. Besides, you have to see the upgrade since I got started into the sport like 2 years ago on a $70 Wal-Mart bike.

Yeah, I know Diamondback isn't the best company, but you have to understand I'm a college kid with barely any wiggle room financially.

I guess thats the difference between me and most people. I do a ton of research on these things and if I can't afford it i wait until I can. I was a college kid like that only a few years ago ;0

Once I get out to Cali for the summer and have my new bike that I haven't really even ridden yet I will be hitting up some trails with my brother. He's a road cyclist but he still goes out on the trails about once a week as a change. He works at a bike shop so we get some deals. Both of us ride Specialized as thats the main bike at his shop to get deals on. I dont know what model he has, but I know he converted it to a single gear. Here is my bike, getting some free upgrades on it (old parts off my brothers bike, not sure what though), its a Specialized Rockhopper 29er:
specialized-rockhopper-comp-disc-29.jpg

You two are boring. I can't imaging my family without bikes. Injuries forced my dad and brother away from running so they turned to cycling and i caught on with them. I used to ride a lot, always got my brothers old bikes which were pretty good still. The bike I just got is the first new bike i've had probably since I was 5. Anyways I'm looking forward to going out to Cali and riding a lot. My brother seems to be riding his mountain bike more often now than before so he will take me out and pretty much kill me on the trails, but its all fun so I cant wait.

I bike, but not extensively. Too out of shape. Got back into it last year after a ~9 year hiatus. Took the bike out twice again last week (once on trails) and it's stored in the SVT for whenever I feel like riding.

I know wannabe bikes too, not sure if he browses this forum.

Back