• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anybody reconize this Car

Growing up we had a 1965 Mercury Park Lane which looked exactly like that picture except that the tail lights were on both the fender and the bumper. I'm guessing a 1966 Mercury Monterey because in '66 there were no longer lights in the bumper.........

Thanks for the tips guys..
my dad also had a merc monterey that had a power rear window..the whole rear "windshield" went up and down
real cool ..at the time...it had a 390 V8 rear wheel drive..that i wrapped around a huge post
When I returned..my dad..who got thru six yrs of WWII asked only...if i was ok..
A "favor" i returned 40 yrs later when my son...caved in the front end of my beloved Merc Mystique
thanks
Canada Doug
guess it was called a breezeway back window.. Mercury Monterey Breezeway with the electric back window

c517-rearwindow-thumb.jpg

c517-leftside-thumb.jpg

Always thought they looked like Fairlanes of the time. Guy around the corner has three Monte's floating around his yard in various condition. Couple for sale. The rear visor makes for a very unique look.

That '65 Park Lane was handed down to me when I was attending High School. It had the Breezeway roofline with the power rear window. When we went cruising at night my friends would sit outside the rear window sitting on the trunklid and their legs over the seat back. Looked like they were in a parade vehicle. Sometimes got some chicks to "flash' others while riding back there. Even though it was just a big luxury boat it was still cool to many especially because of the rear window..............

FGM

Awesome photos and stories guy...deeply appreciate it
Takes me right back to my youth...and all the stuff i put my dad thru
Especially taking the air cleaner off the 390 engine..to hear the 4 barrel noise
thanks
doug

Back