• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anybody do motor swaps in or around the Denver area?

1slosnake

CEG'er
My nephew has a 98 SVT Contour that is going on the fritz. Its has a considerable amount of blow bye and they found gas in the oil. My brother in law from another sister works for a Midas in Chicago so he had them take it to a midas out in Denver and they quoted them $4500-7000 depending on what needs to be done to the motor. Not sure where they determined the blow bye is coming from. I don't think they did a compression test or a leak down test (friggin Midas) just saw the gas in the oil. I would hate to see a SVT go to its grave but if they can't get it done for a reasonable price they may have no choice. I have a stock 2.5 longblock that I pulled out when I put in the 3L so we may just get that rebuilt and I may ship it to them just to cut on the downtime with the car. Just wanted to see if someone is realiable and wants to earn a coulple bucks doing the job, shops or personal mechanics feel free to chime in. Trying to weigh all the options we have so any help is appreciated Thanks...

I had my engine pulled by a couple of guys, I built a 3L and took it back up to them exactly how they gave it to me, and they are re-installing it now. I guess I will have to see how it turns out to let you know how quality their work is. But I'm only paying them 400-600 dollars for the pull and replace. They are in Berthoud though. I will be able to give you more info on saturday when I get my car back from them.

Let me know how the work turns out if you could please. My sister lives in Westminster so its only like 45 mins away. Just need to try and give her as many options as possible.

Back