• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

any winter mods/repair plans

+1 on the BAT kit and Eibachs...I had this set up on my SVT and it was fantastic. Perfect stance, ride and comfort. You'll really enjoy entrance and exit ramps.

4925940009_large.jpg

I need to replace some bushings in the rear since they're all pretty much factory with 130k on them. I just got a new set of tires for the rear and was going to do the same for the fronts at some point. The two fronts are in good shape but just an awful brand so I'll put one in the trunk for emergencies.

I would think that its firmer then the sport suspension. But as noted the later models where not as still as say a 95SE. The BAT kit is a good all around choice, imho. As noted tires will effect the feel of the ride quite a bit.

Yeah I actually loved the BAT kit. I started off with 18's and that really affected the ride but once I went down to the 17's the harshness subsided. I would definitely suggest the BAT kit if you do anything more than just track/drag days.

So far I've done my tie of ends, need an alignment still though. Then my new rear endlinks and poly bushings. Then the front links/bushings and a fluid washer pump. What's with me having the front bumper off on this car so much, sheesh!

Wow. cannot believe how long it has been since I have posted.

The Contour is going on the back burner. I will be getting tires for it in the spring and that is it. I will attend to it later or it may be going to my oldest son ( always part of the plan). For the most part I will enjoy cruising it.

Saving my coin for a 347stroker build with either a T56 or TKO swap. The stang is just so much more fun and faster so my efforts will continue building it.

latest pic of the stang

ry%3D400

thats pretty!!! i want to put those rims on my svt!!!
my plans:
feb 20th it goes in for..
new windshield
repaint the roof
repaint the front bumper
replace the drip rails
and cabin filter.

Since the Cougar is pretty much problem free and not due for any serious maintenance I'm focusing on tidying her up. Cleaning the engine bay back to how clean I used to keep it, taking the wheels off and cleaning up the wheel well area & suspension parts, replacing bits of worn/scuffed trim. Little detail stuff that you tend to overlook/rush when doing the big picture.

List is so long...
New Bat struts and Eibach springs
New Control arms,tie rods
Rear brake kit for larger rotors
New front bumper
New stereo and amp installed
MSDS headers
2.5 SS trubendz
Striker end links way too much sigh

I had a friend finish my poor attempt at doing a mustang T5 swap into my Merkur. Finished that about a month ago but with old oil filled motor mounts the clutch clevis rubs on the sway bar and also my oilpain is almost resting on the crossmember(borrowed photo):
gallery_1210_104_134566.jpg

so I just ordered new poly mounts:
Type_4.jpg

Also had the exhaust redone as the one with the car came with a nice gutted cat that no one knew about. Hopefully I can get this all sorted and I'll be autocrossing this spring.

MX5: Custom chin splitter, plastidipped the chrome trim ring and rear deck striker plates, painted the sway bars white to match the full set of chassis braces. Ground down and polished the DOT letters/numbers off the third brake light and polished the lens. Mazdaspeed front strut tower bar is on it's way from Germany. I performed a full correction and six coats of Zaino. Chassis, suspension and enginebay cleaned and detailed. 65w German Osram H7 lov beams installed.

Nothing on the Mazda5 and Fusion.

Slowly but surely..

Last week:
Headlights wetsanded and polished. Still need to wax and put them back on the car. Not good as new but definitely much better than before. I need to replace (or fish out) two bolts that fell behind the bumper.
Replaced the fog light bulbs. They had been broken since I bought the car in 2007. Discovered that this car does not have the fog light mod. :shrug:

To do:
The engine or transmission had been gradually bumping around for a few years now when in first gear. Very noticeable now with the secondaries fixed. Last night I took a look at the mounts and discovered my rear roll resistor is pretty far gone. I still have the poly filled ones I won at SZ08 so it might be time to put them on.
Bought A6 sidemarkers in January, picked up bulbs and wire tonight so should have that complete by 2013.
Bought a Mondeo trip computer in January so I should wire it up (clock only) soon.

Put the stock air box setup back into the contour with a K&N panel filter and changed the cabin air filter. removed the short ram set up which was in for looks which face it cai are moslty for looks with very few hp gains. Kinda looks good with the old box back in it since it was pretyy much brand new when I took it out.

It clipped right into place once I got it positioned. But I had inadequate tools and kept dropping the clip, searching for it, locating and fishing, and dropping again. Took five minutes to position when taped to the screwdriver.

I had to do this the other day and I just glued it to my finger tip. Worked well.

Back