• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Any Dunlop SP 8000 users?

biminiLX

Hard-core CEG'er
My good friend works at a high end dealer and just got me 2 free Dunlop SP8080 E tires (less than 1000 miles and look new) in 225/45/17. They are pretty much the same as the SP8000 just spec'd to BMW design.
I ordered 2 new ones to match today and read a little on the TireRack.
I've owned almost all the different HP tire brands but never had a Dunlop :shrug: .
Anyone use them on Contours? Just thought I'd ask.
-J

I've had them before. Not a bad tire though it wore fairly quick for me. The front lasted about 10,000 miles but that may have been attributed to SoCal desert heat.

I've had them before. Not a bad tire though it wore fairly quick for me. The front lasted about 10,000 miles but that may have been attributed to SoCal desert heat.

i picked up a set of EO's with the SP8000's back in october-ish. They handle great but like the person above me said wore very quickly.

Wouldn't last long for sure as they only come with a Treadwear 200, Traction (A), Temp (A) , UTQG. Good rule of thumb when purchasing tires is to add two zero's to the treadwear number and that is about how long they will last. 20k miles? Specially for a $200+ tire = :nonono:

Wouldn't last long for sure as they only come with a Treadwear 200, Traction (A), Temp (A) , UTQG. Good rule of thumb when purchasing tires is to add two zero's to the treadwear number and that is about how long they will last. 20k miles? Specially for a $200+ tire = :nonono:
actually the formulation for treadwear is 100 = 8000 miles so 200 rating = 16000 miles. Not trying to nitpick, just an fyi :)

New ones came in so I'll have them mounted up next weekend.
I'll get some pics and feedback later, but I can't wait to feel the car on some Z-rated summer rubber as I've only driven it on V-rated perf. snows.
-J

Back