• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

antenna help

dino

CEG'er
so im removing the long ugly antenna off my se & i want the same one as the svt has.. where can i get one of thoughs & will i have any trouble with the installation ?

so you want a power antenna? classifieds or junkyard. all you should have to do is run a power and signal from your radio and a ground to the trunk. good to go. thats all I had to do.

Last night my Father was asking me about the purpose of the power antenna. He was saying its just another unnecessary option that is prone to premature failure. The only answer I was able to give him was that it's there for aesthetic reasons. So that when the car is sitting in the driveway, it doesn't look like an R/C car.

Am I correct? Or is there another reason for a power antenna.

probly get it from the junk cus itll be much cheaper.. oh alright thanks BrApple .. & yes your right, dont want it looking light an R/C car lol it just looks ugly with the regular antenna

Go through an automatic car wash - you'll appreciate the power antenna (that is, if you remember to turn your radio off).

Back