• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

annonomity

MNstuckinMI

Veteran CEG'er
Well, i picked up a car this weekend. something that i can use for the winter so when i am more finacially set up, i can get what i want.

no pics yet, but im sure you can all picture it :)

i got a 99 accord LX 5-speed. silver, hubcaps and all. the only thing done to it is i added my mp3 player. thats it.

it was a 1 owner car, lady driven, has 155,xxx miles but hey, its a honda :) i noticed that the CV joint on the passenger side is starting to click when turning, so i'll have to take care of that eventually.

but, annonomity. that is what the car is. it will blend in to EVERYTHING around it. i have just joined one of the millions of other accrod owners lol.

belive me, come spring, i'll be itching for something else :) but hey, 30+ on the freeway is nice, and a 17.1 gallon gas tank goes a LONG way!

well, i can speed like a mofo and not be seen. when i am working, i dotn have to worry as much about someone seeing me. i jsut blend it.

actually.... the suby blended in great, and i got pulled over 2 times within a week, but doing 13-14 over... and the svt a couple weeks before that.

maybe i should jsut snow down.

oh yeah, and i didnt get a ticket at all :D

i'll get something in the spring that reflects more of my personality.

(at least i got a 5-speed)

There was something I was looking at that had a v6 camry 5 speed. I was thinking that might be a little fun.

I would hate myself if I went from the SVT to an accord. :laugh:

4 cyl? And price if you don't mind.

yeah, 4 cyl. $4200. 155,xxx miles. yep, like i said, i'll wait till spring to get myself something more my style.

it actualyl can get up and go pretty good with the 5-speed

That isn't bad considering the resale value and the year. And it does make a good winter beater. Where did you find it?

the funny thing about where i found it.

i sw it on craigslist posted by a dealer. when i went and looked at the car i got talking to the guy. to make a long story short, it was the brother of who i bought the svt from! he called his bro and asked abotu the car and he remembered it. funny, huh?

they buy and sell cars at pretty close to whole sale so you get a real good deal on it.

it has a few little issues ive noticed since buying it.

the passenger side cv joint sounds to be clicking a little; when the motor is cold, there is a miss or hesitation while accelerating, but not when i am just reving it, and my gosh it needs snow tires here. the all seasons have decent tread, but it sure does spin and slide!

the only things i wish it had were abs, sunroof, and keyless entry. i'll be adding keyless more than likely, and whatever i buy for snows i'll keep afterwards to put on my next car too :)

i figure i can drive the car for 20,000 miles, and sell it for close to what i bought it for, being a honda and all. but gosh allmighty, i miss the sound of the svt :( it is such a sweet sounding v6

)should i get a big wing for it and a body kit falling off? :crazy:

Last edited:
the funny thing about where i found it.

i sw it on craigslist posted by a dealer. when i went and looked at the car i got talking to the guy. to make a long story short, it was the brother of who i bought the svt from! he called his bro and asked abotu the car and he remembered it. funny, huh?

they buy and sell cars at pretty close to whole sale so you get a real good deal on it.

it has a few little issues ive noticed since buying it.

the passenger side cv joint sounds to be clicking a little; when the motor is cold, there is a miss or hesitation while accelerating, but not when i am just reving it, and my gosh it needs snow tires here. the all seasons have decent tread, but it sure does spin and slide!

the only things i wish it had were abs, sunroof, and keyless entry. i'll be adding keyless more than likely, and whatever i buy for snows i'll keep afterwards to put on my next car too :)

i figure i can drive the car for 20,000 miles, and sell it for close to what i bought it for, being a honda and all. but gosh allmighty, i miss the sound of the svt :( it is such a sweet sounding v6

)should i get a big wing for it and a body kit falling off? :crazy:

Congrats on the purchase :) Sounds like a decent car.

Definitely go for the wing ;) Only way you should put a body kit on is if you find one with paint thats NOT silver. Oh and I have a nice big magnaflow you could put on it :laugh:

lol and I though it was odd that I got my 2000 Se less at a house only 10 homes down from where I got my 98 LX lol , when i was driving to the guys house I started thinking..why the hell do I know this area...I am never in newport ever lol...then I saw his house as I drove back home in my new car lol.

But yea always nice to blend in, I was shocked I just got my new insurance and im no longer listed as having any points ...I think they must have missed a ticket someplace because I must have a few still on there lol

Redline beat me to it. Mismatched color body kit. And change it to an auto and then rev at everything insight. I don't know what I would do if anything happened to the SVT. The only thing else that I could possibly thing about replacing it with is a WRX. And those are still a little too much of what I would want to pay.

I actually really like that model Accord. My buddy was able to whip up a nice turbo kit using Eclipse parts for dirt cheap and his Accord really moves now!

lol, not yet, maybe tommorrow. i am planning on pulling the svt out of the garage to take some pics of it as well, with better lighting... if i can get that drivers side wheel straight.

the accord is nice and dirty, and i've only had it up here a week! at least its silver, and ut hides the dirt a lot better

my computer took a duymp last monday, and i FINALLY got it back today. thats why ive been MIA

Geez, you have been having all sorts of fun lately.

I washed my car friday and it was filthy as can be on saturday. Not only that but the humidity from the car wash made my blower motor freeze up so I had to take a hair dryer to it. Plus ice go into the side skirt and popped it out of the brackets and bent them a bit so it is no longer flush! At least it is on the crappy side skirt. Gives me an excuse to take it off and fibberglass a new end.

k, here a a few pics of the accord.

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

its dirty, but it has no rust, and rusn well.

i fired up the svt today and pulled it out fo the garage... the car sounds great, is super confy, the clutch feels awesome, the shifter, steering wheel... ect. ok, maybe i should have bought another svt :(

to fix it would be 2 fenders, 2 doors, a tie rod, rear bumper cover, windshild, and the a-pillar to be pulled out about 2-3 inches.

i miss my svt :(

I asked him if I could have the whole kit, if he decides to part it.:eek:

I do believe that the rear bumper can be fixed. My friend with the focus just got an SVTF bumper on his that was in pretty rough shape. He had Lake Superior College fix it for him. Paying only the cost of materials FTW!!!

I asked him if I could have the whole kit, if he decides to part it.:eek:

I do believe that the rear bumper can be fixed. My friend with the focus just got an SVTF bumper on his that was in pretty rough shape. He had Lake Superior College fix it for him. Paying only the cost of materials FTW!!!

hmm, maybe i should talk to the class and see if they want to fix my car :) that would be cool

more than likely guys i'll probably sell it whole to be repaired and not part it. ive got a price in my head for the entire car, but would like to see it back on the road again. i'd do it myself but with planning a wedding and all, i think i wouldnt be getting married if i decided to fix it myself now.

Back