• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

and.... thank you all

Status
Not open for further replies.
While all points are valid , we should not jump on Doug too bad , as he's in an exciteable state right now & needs a bit of time to relax . I guess I'd be a bit pissed if Grant sold the hood to someone else after I'd paid in full in advance . It just isn't right . However , I fully agree that it isn't right to get pi$sed at the community for not bringing it back to PA on short notice .

well said. Yes Grant shouldn't have sold the hood to someone else from out under you Doug. But Allen is right, your getting pissed off at us, the ones that would have helped you if we could because your situation didn't work out.

Take it for what you will.

I found out last minute that paul would not be able to help me, to the tune of 11:08pm on thursday evening. At that point I started spamming pm's.

I'm sorry you've never tried to do anything last minute before, guess you are a perfect person brian.

It really comes off as you blaming us instead of taking any blame on yourself. If this community wasn't the way it was I would be stuck in Buffalo right now, or with one very big tow bill.

and no where did I say I was perfect. Yes everyone does things last minute, even I do. But I try my hardest to plan everything out first. Would I be upset in this situation, sure. I wouldn't be :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:ing like you are to people that would have helped you if it didn't work out. Thats the nature of last minute things, they work or don't.

I am going to guess since you have never been to SZ you just don't understand how it works. But after being up to 2, 3 even 4 am or later saturday night

I think it's a pretty easy event to grasp. Show off your car and get drunk.

That wasn't so hard to understand now was it.

After 9 hours of thinking time on the way home I don't think I can be a member of this community anymore. I know i've said this in the past but this is the real deal here. I'm not leaving the CEG, it seems like the CEG is leaving me.

In response to posters in this thread:

Paul, I paid the hood in full as soon as you said you could help.
TGO, I didn't have a phone number but I did PM him twice.
Kim, Yes actually I did make arrangements with paul. He ended up backing out at the last minute so I was scrambling to find somebody. As far as contacting you... I guess i'm sorry that I bothered you? It was at the suggestion of Christine that I even bother to PM you. I figured since we were all 'friends' here that it wouldn't be that big of a deal. You know, grabbing an item and driving back the same path you came with me meeting you along the way and giving you beer from a local brewery for your troubles. I guess that's just asking way to much though. As far as an enormous favor, IMO its really not that big. Either you had extra room and could grab it or you couldn't. I've gone out of my way further for CEG'ers in the past and guess I didn't think too much of it.

Regardless, its a done deal now. This as of now a PM only type of deal between me, shavedsvt and possibly a few others. Feel free to delete this post if you want.

Its funny how 950 miles miles, 18 hours, 65$ in gas and 45$ in tolls really puts things in perspective.

Doug, I never promised that I would be able to fit the hood in my car, only that I would make an effort to do so...I knew nothing of your transactions with the seller, what type of hood I would be trying to pick up or even who I would be attempting to get the hood from. I had no idea that you were relying solely upon me to get the hood back to PA for you. I'm sorry for your misfortune, but seeing as how the hood wasn't even there at SZ and the seller sold it out from under you, it appears as if he wasn't clear about your intentions either.

Enough has been said about this. Some people aren't fully aware of all that went on and Doug isn't going to explain it, he doesn't have to.
Now any further correspondence about this matter will be done via PM's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back