• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Aluminum sill GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you planning on etching the logo into the sill or actually cutting the logo out? I'd personally prefer the logo to be cut out so I could put the EL panels in if I decided to. That way the guys who didn't want EL won't have to worry about the cost or hooking them up.

AND, what will be the overall size of the logo? I'll email these people again and see how much a panel would cost.
I think etched would look much better. I doubt I'd get them if they were cut through.

We need to come to a consensus as to whether or not we are going to use the EL! If we are, then it only makes sence to incorporate the EL into the GB.

Personally I think if the EL is going to be used then obviosuly the cut through is the only way to go...BUT if the EL is a no go then it is pointless to have it cut through and I think it would not look right anyway.

What about cut through sills so the body color of the car shows through? At least that way, it would be unique to your own car. Or you could paint the car's sill the color of the interior (or the color of the paint you used if you painted your interior/dash pieces) for contrast and that could show through.

Last edited:
or if these are going to be made based on the number of people that want them, how hard would it be to make 4 cut out and the rest solid? its not like the design changes, just running a different program on the machine.

if you're still making these in may or after... i'd definitly be interested

or if these are going to be made based on the number of people that want them, how hard would it be to make 4 cut out and the rest solid? its not like the design changes, just running a different program on the machine.

if you're still making these in may or after... i'd definitly be interested

its not that hard, i can cut them all the way through or just ingrave them...i can do 2 different types...

Oh no, lol... this could go on forever! From looking back, it seems the majority is leaning towards "SVT Contour". IMO, this is trivial at this point. I say we stick with SVT Contour and run with it. Get a prototype done and then go from there.

If he doesn't feel comfortable doing it that way, he could always start another thread with a survey (or add it to this one if thats possible??). That way, the numbers determine what we go with :shrug:

i say Contour SVT because its asthetically more pleasing because of the balance of capital letters in the beginning and the end.
I would have to agree with that statement! I just want a set, it doesn't matter which version really, but if I had to pick, Contour SVT is my choice :cool:

while I do agree w/ the aesthetic reasoning....i would much rather have it be in the correct order as Ford had originally intended it to be.

one reason i just thought of not doing it the way Ford intended is...because the writing is so similar, and if we do it in the order of ford, there could potentially be a lawsuit for making them so similar...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back