• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Aluminum sill GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
good start...but i think that we will need LOTS of interest. I talked to my dad and he said that only if we get lots of lots of people, will they be CEG affordable. Otherwise, they might be close to $200 a set...

Did your dad mention why it would cost so much? My Grandpa did engraving for a living and now just as a retired hobby. He still has all the equipment and doesn't charge much at all compared to the shops around. If you want to find the material and the price of it, I think I can make it fit a CEG/NewCoug budget as long as he agrees to do it. A higher interest with some of us cougar guys wanting a set too might keep the cost of materials down. Having 2 designs wont be a problem...

LMK.

Justin

I'm interested....BUT

Do you happen to know if the "SVT Contour" is etched into the aluminum? I'd be disappointed if it were a decal of some sort.

Also find out what the dimensions are to see if it will fit correctly.

The lettering is in vinyl. I have a set, they actually are pretty good, but they get dinged pretty easily. I've had them on for a year now. The passenger side looks great but the driver side is a little banged up. They are pretty cheap so order a second set just in case.

Lets get an Interest Check going!!!
1.CSVT#49
2.LilCe98
3.HolyRollerzC3
4.kscontourkid
5.northpole svt
6.icysvt

I'll say I am interested when dude gets everything together and actually has something to present to us...no offense to BIGBEN cuz I sure as hell am not trying to put this together...but I am not going to spend money on peoples' idea alone.

I have been talking a lot with my dad about doing this and all in all, this is going to be WAY to expensive, and in order to give all of you a good price, we will be losing money, and we just cant do that at this point in time...

As of now...CLOSE this THREAD!

Sorry everyone who was interested but this is just not going to work out after all...

I have been talking a lot with my dad about doing this and all in all, this is going to be WAY to expensive, and in order to give all of you a good price, we will be losing money, and we just cant do that at this point in time...

As of now...CLOSE this THREAD!

Sorry everyone who was interested but this is just not going to work out after all...
That sucks

I'll start looking into options for us then. There are plenty of people already making these. I'll contact them and see what they can do for a price and if they can customize them to say anything we want.

So... KEEP THIS THREAD OPEN, since I started it :D

The lettering is in vinyl. I have a set, they actually are pretty good, but they get dinged pretty easily. I've had them on for a year now. The passenger side looks great but the driver side is a little banged up. They are pretty cheap so order a second set just in case.

would there be a way to protect it with maybe a clear coat or something?

I suppose, but at 15 dollars a set you may as well just replace them when they look to banged up rather than waste the money to buy clear coat and the time to put a good coat on that will need to be replaced eventually anyways

I'm not looking at getting those sills any more. These are the ones I am pursuing...

contoursillcq4.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CUST...014QQitemZ330174554935QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I have a set of those. They are nice espically for under $20 but be forewarned expect to wait a few weeks to recieve them. The seller is SLOW to ship.

Greg do you have pictures of these installed on your car that you could put up in the other thread I started??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back