• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Almost complete with my 2.0-2.5 swap

I have had several gm products with abs that would not stop when abs engaged. You could hear the abs motor engage, the pedal would surge, and then your stopping distance multiplied by like 3X.

wow....i have never heard anyone else mention anything liek this, but now that you have, i wonder if this is what happened to my mothers 96 grand am....it was fine and then after coming home from work she told me her brakes were failing...the car had less than 10k miles and i didn't believe her...til i drove it...nearly pulled the same coast into the intersection you mention :eek:

i wasn't really paying attention to the situation with her car before that...but by the time she traded it in (with 16K miles) she had TWO brake jobs done and had the abs replaced under warranty. pontiac told her that there was a pinhole and the system got contaminated...something like that

she really like the car even with the braking problems...til the ac compressor died less than a full month out of warranty and pontiac would not cover any part of the repair...she paid out the wazoo for that then traded it in

sorry, not meaning to postjack, but this really caught my attention

nice job on the swap :cool:

Back