• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

all aluminum radiator FTW

It says you can use it with or without the AC...... I don't think it is too thick :shrug:

Nice find Mike! It's only 10mm thicker... it should fit with the condenser, though pretty tightly. If it's too thick, you'd need to get rid of the hood latch brace (get hood pins), as that's the closest thing to the condenser.

One concern is that the pics don't show the condenser hooks. It they truly don't have them, something else will need to be done to secure the condenser.

Well... I heard back from the seller... "sorry we can't" ship to the US. Guess I'll have to find out if the seller is a middle man and try to buy direct or find someone to ship it to over there and have them ship it to me.

In any case it's still potentially cheaper then having Griffin make us a aluminum radiator, which would cost $400 for prototyping. This radiator converts to roughly $220 plus shipping over the pond.

I'm digging into it further. I've found through searching the UK google.com site that it appears that a lot of the stuff from this seller 2fast2cool is actually made by SS Autochrome here in the US. I've put in an inquiry to see if this is the case as SS Autochrome is international. If it is we may be able to purchase it here in the states. Now I've heard mixed things with SS Autochrome from people with regards to their cheap turbos. However that said the UK has good things to say about their radiators and intercoolers so maybe this product would be a good fit. I'll post more as I have more feedback.

Nice looking radiator deffinately would be good to replace those plastic tanks as they are prone to leaking.

I'm just wondering what the point of this is? I see turbo guys with the stock SVT radiator, and if you want your car to run cooler, use the Mustang 160 degree thermostat and get a tune for it.

I'm just wondering what the point of this is? I see turbo guys with the stock SVT radiator, and if you want your car to run cooler, use the Mustang 160 degree thermostat and get a tune for it.

Well that and right now I'm running on a repaired radiator. I had one of the alignment posts snap off on my radiator when I pulled my subframe down to replace the clutch. I couldn't buy a new SVT radiator then because they were discontinued. So I've always wanted to replace it and an all aluminum one would be very nice.

I believe the picture on the Genesis site is a generic one, as it is the same for all the radiators ads that I have seen for them. I'll call them next week after the hols, and see if they have a picture/spec sheet for the precise one for our cars.

Back