• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Alittle Help

MarcMiller

Veteran CEG'er
Okay so i have my contour sitting outfront of my house...still has rims intake all that stuff..

should i sell everything on it then just junk it?

i wanna get some money for it even if it needs a new engine...the car itself only has 93k miles.
i have an aftermarket sony radio...the rims are 17in with new tires.

should i post pics on here and try to sell everything i can?

im looking to get atleast 1000-1500.
only because thats how much the rims cost me.....and whatever money i get for my contour i can put away and get my rx8 tinted and save money for the payments and/or things in the future.

Help me out alittle. If yous were in my position what would yous do?

Id even sell the whole car if i could get enough money.

I would post it in the classifieds with some pics and part it out. I would take the pass headlight. I'm sure you'll make what your looking for.

if the body is clean no rust you might be able to get somebody to pick it up for a2.5/ 3L project:shrug: but either way it might be tough to get that much with a bad engine, good luck

If you have the stock wheels and sell your wheels you will make as much as your looking for.

if the body is clean no rust you might be able to get somebody to pick it up for a2.5/ 3L project:shrug: but either way it might be tough to get that much with a bad engine, good luck

Marc

With a blown motor your looking at 3 to 500 for the car. My SE was 400 and it is in great shape. Sell the wheels seperate and try the car as a project in the clasified.

Marc

With a blown motor your looking at 3 to 500 for the car. My SE was 400 and it is in great shape. Sell the wheels seperate and try the car as a project in the clasified.
thats why im trying to sell the whole car for about 1500 with rims and everything else

I understand your reasoning, but I think you will have more luck selling the wheels and then the car or parting the car. Not much interest in a whole car just to get wheels.

With a blown motor you're going to be lucky to get $800 for the whole car. Put it back to stock, sell the parts off and then sell the car as a complete car with a blown motor. Someone will pick it up. Car should net you anywhere from 3-500. Wheels probably $5-600 i'd guess and the intake and other stuff a few bucks as well...

With a blown motor you're going to be lucky to get $800 for the whole car. Put it back to stock, sell the parts off and then sell the car as a complete car with a blown motor. Someone will pick it up. Car should net you anywhere from 3-500. Wheels probably $5-600 i'd guess and the intake and other stuff a few bucks as well...

well the car has had so much work done to it its a perfect car to do a 3.0 swap in..i have all the receipts and papers for everything. all motor mounts breaks ball joints control arms starter...i had soo much work done.

and with the rims the tint my radio the condition of the car its worth more than 500$.

the modifications you listed do not add value. definately not to a se with a blown engine.
they dont add value but the work i had done to it deff adds alittle...only if someone plans on reusing it.
As far as parts go i dont think its worth it.

im only trying to get 1000-1500 and with everything it has and the work i think its worth it.
just to get what i paid for the rims and get some cash in general..

if anyone is actually interested let me know ill take pictures.

What we're trying to suggest is that you sell the wheels separate from the car. Selling a bone stock car and your modifications separately is *generally* the best way to getting the most of your money back out of it.

FWIW, I paid $400 for my Cougar with a blown motor with 88k on the clock. It was a VA car so no rust and otherwise in very good condition. Unfortunately even running these cars just aren't worth very much.

If I were you i'd list the wheels for sale in the classifieds and then list the car separately.

What we're trying to suggest is that you sell the wheels separate from the car. Selling a bone stock car and your modifications separately is *generally* the best way to getting the most of your money back out of it.

FWIW, I paid $400 for my Cougar with a blown motor with 88k on the clock. It was a VA car so no rust and otherwise in very good condition. Unfortunately even running these cars just aren't worth very much.

If I were you i'd list the wheels for sale in the classifieds and then list the car separately.

okay...i just hope someone buys them..idk how much to sell them for either

im only trying to get 1000-1500 and with everything it has and the work i think its worth it.
just to get what i paid for the rims and get some cash in general..

good luck getting what you paid for the wheels, they are now used.

also good luck getting over $1k for a car with a blown engine. I couldn't even get anyone to buy a fairly clean 95 SE that was running that needed alittle work for under $1k .... since it has a blown engine the work put into it, which would be maintinence it sounds like, doesn't add value.

like hope to sell my mystique soon. i just had to put an alternator into it. that is maintinence. I also just changed the oil .... I'm not going to bump the price up to cover that ....

Back