• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Alberta guy

Leigh

CEG'er
Well it was a short time between when I got the 99 SVT Contour and when it got totalled when hit from behind by a young woman in a half ton truck who wasn't watching her driving thanks to being distracted by more important things on her phone. I'd like to get any and all suggestions on what to do now as the wreck still runs fine and only has about 50,000 miles since we bought it new. The body is damaged beyond repair.

#1 post pictures
#2 location
#3 post pictures

:laugh:

I would drive it or put a new rear clip on.

When she hit us she got as far as halfway through the back window. I'm meaning she was moving fast and we were sitting still. After the impact we were forced ahead into the back bumper of another half ton so the left headlight and hood are smashed with the radiator twsited badk on the left side. Seats buckled back till they are against the back seat. I've been hit before but nothing quite like that. I hurt everywhere for a few weeks but thankfully am walking, though this happened end of July and my lower back is still a bit sore. Cop's comment was, "good thing you wern't in a Honda or Toyota or you'd be dead as she'd have pasted you to the dash at that speed". Anyhow, I'm assuming this car is only good for parts, though since it was in my family since new we know how well it was maintained and ran when wrecked so I figure it'd be a real good donor. If I find a local one with blown engine and good rust free body, i'd be inclined to buy it though I need another car like a dog needs fleas. I'll have to make up my mind soon I guess.

Back