• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Aftermarket VS original rear bumper contour svt

prounltd

New CEG'er
I am debating on whether to get an aftermarket or original for my 98 svt contour. What do you think?

Attachments

• 95_contoursurvivorrear..jpg
    95_contoursurvivorrear..jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 0
You're debating between original and that? I would say original. They overall look cleaner (IMO) and you can usually find them pretty cheap on here hopefully locally because shipping would suck.

Like he^^^ brought out, there should be no debate. the stock svt rear bumper is WOOOORLDS better than the monstrosity u posted. personally, i think the svt's bumper is damn near perfect as is.

Not to sound like a jerk (But I am going to anyways)
You can not be serious.... Have you been drinking? Are you delusional? Is it at all possible this is a joke?
How can you compare the smooth lines and beautiful fit of an SVT bumper to that 'thing'?
I know everyone has their own taste. Be it good or bad and opinions are like a**holes... Everyone has one
I would never, ever, even if I was paid, would I ever put that on a car I drive!

**Steps down from the soap box for the next person in line to express their opinion**

It looks ugly but if the corners are cut off and bigger mufflers are put on it might look half way decent.

if u're gonna get to chopping on the aftermarket bumper anyway, why get it? and if "halfway decent" is what u're shooting for, then u've found a winner. just get the svt bumper bro. the svt bumper is the model for new cars today. look at todays car's bumpers and tell me the svt's wasnt an inspiration...

Back