• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

After Swap Air Intake

SE7ENTH_SIGN

New CEG'er
What are the air intake options (cold or otherwise) that can be used after the 3.0 swap? I'm having a hard time finding anything being sold currently.

Thank you.

Any intake that is being sold for the Contour. Now depending on your 3L install there would need to be modifications made to make it fit up.

Assuming you have a 3L upper intake and you aren't running a 2.5L/SVT upper intake you'll need to build your own intake if you want something different. You can pick up some 3" piping/couplers and route it to the fender area behind the driver's foglight if you want a cold air intake. I have always slid the battery/fuse box over and drilled 3.5" hole just behind the headlight area for the piping. You do have to cut some of the battery tray up as well. Relocating the battery to the trunk is a very good idea in my opinion. It makes this intake install a piece of cake and it's easier to work on the engine when that battery is out of there.

Here is my setup so you get a better idea: http://www.cardomain.com/ridepost/1178144/1138151/1999-mercury-cougar/

Obviously, you'd terminate it with a filter behind the foglight vs. running it over to the supercharger. :)

Back