• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

AEM Wideband

1BadJag

CEG'er
Just have a question about these wideband sensor/guages.

ive searched and found out our stock O2's are only narrow band. I want to pick up a Wideband AEm guage kit but i first would like to know how it works.

Narrow band only reads lean or rich (14.7:1 being at idle) but under load we all know it dosent stay there while in OPEN LOOP.

Would this Wideband take place of the factory O2 or would i need to drill a hole somewhere in the exhaust, weld a nut, then install the sensor there?

i couldnt find a write up on installing one. But i Definatly will once i decide to get one.

Thats what im doing! Optimizing y-pipe and throwing the wideband in. Come spring time ill be throwing in our new motor/trans with a paxton sn93 setup. But i wanna do all the little things in the mean time.

My wideband is installed after my downpipe closer to the exhaust. Drilled a hole from under added a grommet and it fit perfect where I mounted it!

- amyn

No. That breaks stuff.

Tap Cig lighter.

What? Have done that on both cars as well as forthe alarm and it isn't an issue.

Actually that's for my guage. I think I did tap the wide band power to the radio power feed.

And you don't want to use the cig lighter as it isn't a swithed 12v source.

As for the ignition I have posted that before. Iirc I used the yellow wire so that my guage turn on in the ass. possition as well as the run position of the ignition.

What? Have done that on both cars as well as forthe alarm and it isn't an issue.

Actually that's for my guage. I think I did tap the wide band power to the radio power feed.

As for the ignition I have posted that before. Iirc I used the yellow wire so that my guage turn on in the ass. possition as well as the run position of the ignition.

I dunno what is wrong with mine then, but i won't be tapping their again. I'm going to add a switch and tap it at the cig.

Well i was wondering if the remote power on(blue wire on the back of a after market head unit to turn a amp on) would work? Its already ran around the driver side of my tour when i had my amp in the trunk. But now its just taped off cuz i got rid of the amp.

Back