• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Adjustment on koni strut

The Ksports and D2s both use a spring that is the 2.5" diameter at the bottom but opens up to the stock spring diameter at the top so they shouldnt have that problem.

Mine broke but at the bottom of the thread. I have the koni sport kit and had the adjustable camber plates. They did warrenty it. I think it might have been due to using the camber plates, I think they twisted the the strut off center and added extra strain to the threaded section which is hollow and just can't take the stress. Mine did last abour 4 years.

Mine broke but at the bottom of the thread. I have the koni sport kit and had the adjustable camber plates. They did warrenty it. I think it might have been due to using the camber plates, I think they twisted the the strut off center and added extra stain to the threaded section witch is hollow and just can't take the stress. Mine did last abour 4 years.

Yup, the camber kit just puts unneeded strain on the shaft, even with proper springs. its even worse with GCs.

I broke a Bilstein once at the bottom of the threads. Mine broke because the previous owner didn't use the correct nut on top of the spring perch. It was too tall and didn't allow the spring to seat properly in the car. All the stress went to the top of the strut instead of transferring into the body. It snapped on me while I was driving, pretty scary. I don't think your problem is a Koni problem, more the application.

1255096631-1.jpg

I will check and double check how they are installed, maybe even take pictures when I put them back on. I just don't see how its an installation issue, the other side is just fine. Maybe I pulled the hub too far out on that side when I was taking my axles out trying to figure out my mysterious acceleration wobbling issue.

Back