• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Accusump

SVT Doood

CEG'er
The 3L I purchased has an Accusump with electric control valve.

I've read the manual that the owner provided me...still a little unsure about whether its set up correctly.

Since the Accusump maintains the engine oil pressure pressure after you turn it off the car...I'm not sure what psi I should be seeing with the engine off.

When the car is running I'm seeing 120psi.

I don't know if I should "start over" and de-power the unit...set the initial charge of 7psi...then power it back up.

Thoughts?

When the car is running I'm seeing 120psi

Say what! :shocked:

Man in the DEAD of winter when I started my car the most I ever saw was 75psi. 120psi is ridiculous. When the oil is up to temp you should be seeing 25-30psi at idle. Is that pressure at the Accusump reservoir?

EDIT: Unless the Accusump maintains the highest pressure seen during the time you drive your car. I suppose you could get to 120psi if you ran it up to redline. I guess I don't recall what my oil pressure reading was on my engine at redline.

Thats what I was thinking.

I pulled the power for the solenoid...then let off air till I had 10psi. Started it up...at idle I'm seeing 20psi. After driving it I saw 36-40psi.

Say what! :shocked:

Man in the DEAD of winter when I started my car the most I ever saw was 75psi. 120psi is ridiculous. When the oil is up to temp you should be seeing 25-30psi at idle. Is that pressure at the Accusump reservoir?

EDIT: Unless the Accusump maintains the highest pressure seen during the time you drive your car. I suppose you could get to 120psi if you ran it up to redline. I guess I don't recall what my oil pressure reading was on my engine at redline.

even at redline you wont see that high as the pressure relief valve will open, keeping the max PSI around 80-85 IIRC. you can see over that number when the oil is cold of course, as the relief valve just cant flow enough cold oil to keep the pressure down.

Back