• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

a very general turbo question.....

Just be sure to let us know how well your oil drain works w/ the turbo that low. Btw, I don't recommend using vice grips on any critical surfaces.

it would take so long to spool up, there's a guy with a firebird with a remote mount, its right by the rear axle, and doesnt spool fast at all, lol. the setup i want is gonna be where the cat used to be, but it looks like i'm going to have the bracketry for the blower fast so i'll be putting one of those on instead :)

which is why you have to use smaller diameter pipe and jet coat it to keep the velocity and heat of the exhaust up. lowers the spool up time. i know thats how the STS kit for the GTO is, which by the way sounds cool as hell.

I have to agree with the others, fitting the turbo in that location is going to be extremely tight, while trying to keep the turbo high enough to allow it to properly drain. It is an interesting idea, but if you put the turbo, bellow the rear manifold/header, the drain will end up at about the same level as where it will need to enter the oil pan, which will of-course prevent oil from draining back properly. The other main limiting factor is that by placing the turbo low, either the front or rear exhaust will be required to make a really sharp bend in order to enter the turbine; obviously not good for flow.

I wish you luck if you do indeed attempt to make this design work, but I have to agree with the others, and suggest mouning in a different location, either up front, or out back.

Back