• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

a few mod questions

i fixed my high idle problem , my friend who helped me with the TB tweaked thethrottle stop ( the one for when its closed ) so the TB was open just a hair ,., i have ben having an issue with my low speed fan not turning on , i just replaced the relay for the low fan today and still nothing ( when i turn the A/C on no fans turn on at all ) im stumped on this issue and it sucks because were having super hot days here and my cars getting crazy hot ( high speed fan works perfect ) and one got any ideas for that ?

check the low speed fan resistor, i bet its bad. its located in the drivers side of the fan shroud at the bottom.

undo the connector and put a jumper wire between the 2 pins on the connector. the fans should then come on but they will be at high speed instead of low speed.

how and where?

if you are talking about replacing the stock y-pipe under the engine I think your going to have to fab the whole thing up. the runners are alot closer to gether on the stock y-pipe, so its not going to swap in. then you will have to do something about how to connect to the cat.

That won't work. The stock Y pipe is complicated in that it is the Y itself, plus the length of piping to get from the Y pipe to each exhaust manifold. The of course there is the flange for the cat. Better off spending the money on either getting the stock Y optimized or buying an aftermarket Y pipe.

just got done fixing my broken studs for my UIM , i checked everything over and all is well ( no leaks or anything ) took it for a spin and at a red light my RPM'S get stuck at 4k for like 30 - 40 seconds then dropped down to normal ( i figured it may be the computer getting back on track because the battery was disconected for a few hours ) it runs and drives great but it doesnt seem to have the kick it use to have ( secondaries open ) , im guessing maybe its just the computer trying to catch up still , also i had a CEL light on sence i owned the car and its gone now ( because the battery was disconected ) i was wondering how long it normaly takes to pop back up ?

do the RPM's rise and hold when the vehicle is in neutral? or when you're slowing down, the rpm's stay where they are?

my rpm issue is fine now , it held 4k at a red light till i put it in 1st ( with the clutch in ) then it dropped to about 900rpm and ive never had the problem sence , my CEL light came back so im going to get that tested tomorrow some time , car feels like its got its power back ( im guessing the computer went back to normal )

ive got a chance of getting a zex nitrous dry kit for stupid cheep , im pretty sure it comes with 35-100hp jets , is nitrous a good idea for these cars ?

Back