• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

a day at the race's

I forgot... pictures or it didn't happen. :)

hmm.. well someone killed an innocent animal this weekend

going down the track a groundhog ran out right into this guys kart. he was prob going about 55 at the time. then i almost hit the flopping ramains. Daves kart was covered in blood and a little fur.

the hog was doign the fish outta water thing. so someone got a shovel and moved it off the track

Let us all have a moment in slience for the poor little groundhog********

You know... I've been thinking that I would really like to get into some kind of casual racing lately... I mean, I'm young, I should be doing this kind of stuff now while I can :rolleyes:. What would it take or where can I find info about getting into kart racing at a very basic/casual level?

Or I could go find a cheap car and make it a track car... but I think kart racing would be cheaper/more fun

Let us all have a moment in slience for the poor little groundhog********

*hangs head in silence*

Cool Ryan. I know Mike will help you with what you need to know to get started, etc.

Cool Ryan. I know Mike will help you with what you need to know to get started, etc.

It's just an idea... Getting my racing fix through slot car racing is fun and all... but now I'm getting the urge to actually drive something.

I actually just thought of something that might put this on hold for more than a year... I can't realistically can't buy another car for a while... And I doubt a kart would fit in the contour... Plus the nearest track is 1 hr away

It's just an idea... Getting my racing fix through slot car racing is fun and all... but now I'm getting the urge to actually drive something.

I actually just thought of something that might put this on hold for more than a year... I can't realistically can't buy another car for a while... And I doubt a kart would fit in the contour... Plus the nearest track is 1 hr away

go to the track. they should have rental karts you can use. they are pretty similar. only not as fast. if youre just starting, pick up a yamaha. a used set up really isnt too bad and you really have almost no maintence on the yamaha.

whats the track?

you could always race RC...
RC racing would be alot like slotcar racing, only much more expensive... Though with how much I've spent on slot cars.... I probably could've bought a real car.

go to the track. they should have rental karts you can use. they are pretty similar. only not as fast. if youre just starting, pick up a yamaha. a used set up really isnt too bad and you really have almost no maintence on the yamaha.

whats the track?

Yeah I've wanted to head up there to try it. Even on the rentals. The track is Beaverun. It's about an hour north of me.

:drool: i love that track!!! if i had to pick my all time Fav track, i would be Beaverun with out a doubt. i went down there last year i think for the nationals. finished 6th i believe.(damn freight trains)

fun track.. challenging, but fun. def go check it out. i think there is usually a lot of good racing there.

RC racing would be alot like slotcar racing, only much more expensive... Though with how much I've spent on slot cars.... I probably could've bought a real car.

Yeah I've wanted to head up there to try it. Even on the rentals. The track is Beaverun. It's about an hour north of me.
what kind of slot cars are you racing :shrug: HO 1/32 1/24 :shrug: any track pics:shrug:

there has been too much BS. it starts with this guy with an illegal motor taking me out alot. he broke some ribs and caused a lot of money worth of damage to the kart. then there is this race official Rick, who goes to the local track every once in a while. and he hates me. it started with me hitting a cone and him DQing me for it.(apparently he is in LOVE with his damn cones) so i always hit one when im at his track... which is once a year.. if that. so he was at my local track this weekend. and i got a bad first heat finish so i started second. Ricks kid(not his son...j ust a very good friend) was in first. so i waited patiently to get around him. when i did, he crowded me into the hair pin and my rear tire hit his side pod. therefore i technecally had the pass. yet somehow i get DQed for it. the kid didnt get wrecked or lose any positions.

And eariler that morning, rick said "if someone has 3/4 of a kart length on you in the hairpin, you need to give them room or back off. if you dont do that and there is contact, youre DQed." so this other kid should have been DQed. and there was a video of the kid crowding me and turning into me... but nope, i was still DQed. and that same kid didnt even finish the race due to him spinning out and stalling with no one touching him. the kid was also a junior meaning under 17. but there are no Jrs at this track, so they thought it would be a good idea to put him with the Srs. he might have even been underweight so me even passing him means he sucks... which he does. so he had not business even being on the track..

so now im out of the points and can no longer take first overall. so there is no point to go back. and its 3 hours away(which is the closest track) and one of the double points races rick is flagging so i will most likely be DQed anyways... like last double points race. there is no point for me to race for 2ed at a small club track when i have finished top 5 in the nationals. its not worth it. and im sick of the friggen drama that this sport has. so hopefully i can get a car and do some real racing for money and such

sorry for the long post and my venting... im done now

Back