• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A ceg first...I think

Pretty sneaky install; nice work.

A couple of guys on NECO have those, although I've never seen one as nicely done as that.

A couple of guys on NECO have those, although I've never seen one as nicely done as that.

Thank you man, I take no credit though other than for telling them where I wanted it to be installed. They did it sooo clean and will be doing alot more work for me in the future.

careful bro, CEG might come after you for insulting other members :rolleyes: I have nightmares about it now, cant sleep at night.

LMFAO. Hanging around bagged too much? Bro... lmao. Bagged can get away saying it, but it just seems wrong coming from you appleboy

Questions:

1. What gage wire? Looks a little small to me unless those simply control a relay setup in which case it is overkill.

2. What are you doing to kill power from the alt?

Nice lookking install though.

now that you mention it, I know a number of us (neco) have cut-offs but for the life of me, I can't recall how any of them have it mounted.

+1 to the slickness.

Clean and efficient, minus needing to remove the plate. That part kinda sucks. Now that I think about it though I can't imagine a better place for it.

looks like 4 gauge

I'd assume the switch is simply inline with the positive lead, therefore it will disconnect the positive wire from the rest of the car, so the alternator won't be sending power there.

DING DING DING, you win,lol

Hmmm... Now I know which "button" not to "push" at SZ:laugh:

The tag will be on it so you wont be able to even see it:laugh:

Clean and efficient, minus needing to remove the plate. That part kinda sucks. Now that I think about it though I can't imagine a better place for it.

No its no biggie really, I use a racheting screw driver and it takes me about 45 seconds to remove the plate.

You can get a hinging plate off a "box" Impala, Caprice or Cutless. I have switch on my mustang, had a plate but did us it. It would work for you because the switch doesnt sit outside the body. I would have built mine out.

Referring to the Alternator, there is a another terminal that is direct feed to the Alternator to the Battery Terminal (bypasses the switch). It is for the the power to go some where after the power is shut off. If the power from the alternator has no place to go then it can damage the alt.

I think NHRA rules say that It needs to be visibly labeled as well. You might want to have another sticker added directly behind the plate. Instead of having to take off the whole reflector to see it.

I have mine through the right side of my plate for the street. Then at the track I remove the plate to see the stickers. Having it through the plate allows me to use it as a security device (not everyone would notice).

I have also put one through a tail light as well. Looks sweet, but regret chopping up a tail light.

Good Job, Safety First! :cool:

just get a hinging plate bracket, i have one sitting around that i might use for :censored::censored::censored::censored:s and gigs

This thread is chock full of reading fail. :rolleyes: IT HAS TO BE VISIBLE AND ACCESSIBLE AT ALL TIMES WHILE ON THE TRACK. When he is racing he has to have the plate REMOVED hinged or not. When he is on the street, he wants it to be as inaccessible as possible.

Last edited:
Back