• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A bad day for my Mazda6 :(

Looks very nice , especially for the year. Nobody takes care their cars anymore. It took me 3 months to find our Infiniti G35. And then, I even settled for less than I wanted.

I like those wagons, and would've got one if it weren't for the urge to have AWD for the winter. Ended up with a Volvo instead. Nice to see another wagon fan!

Sorry and congratulations all at once man! Very nice looking new ride!

Dave

Glad you got the insurance to cut you a bigger check! The new ride looks good!!

Looks very nice , especially for the year. Nobody takes care their cars anymore. It took me 3 months to find our Infiniti G35. And then, I even settled for less than I wanted.

I like those wagons, and would've got one if it weren't for the urge to have AWD for the winter. Ended up with a Volvo instead. Nice to see another wagon fan!

Thanks guys . The new car certainly photographs well . The front end is littered with stone chips/blasting , but at least it's all one color , LOL !! I spent a few hours today cleaning the outside (wash , clay bar , wax) - it looks much better now . The interior is spotless , so I didn't even touch it :) .

It was well worth all the carrying on with the insurance company for the bigger check . Only a fool takes the first offer !

I searched EVERY night all over the web since it was damaged - literally a hundred hours (I know , you don't need to say it out loud ;) ) . We were very certain we didn't want to take less options than we had , and we really liked the car , so the search was on . Taking one with less options , and a non-sport would've bugged us every time we looked at it & drove it . I was getting very frustrated coming up snake-eyes all the time in my search , I gotta say . I was about to take a break for a while .

This winter was the first winter we really used the car full time in all these years we owned it (have the Jetta with snowtires & had a 4wd pickup till this year) . I was pretty pleased with how it worked , with the traction control & all . I tried a new style tire this winter & they worked great - I had basically a 3-season tire on it before , that didn't work so well in the snow . Unfortunately , the tires went away with the car with just a few thousand miles on them :mad: . I wish I'd have had a car to swap tires with at the time . Seems like a waste .

I'd rock the hail damaged one as a DD.

Knowing what I know now (about most rides for sale being worse than mine , even WITH hail damage ;) ) , I should've paid to fix the windshield myself & never even made the claim . Once the adjuster set eyes on it , it was doomed . He was unhappy to be here (he was from MD) , and was killing every car in sight . When I asked him where he was from , he told me MD , so I said "That's not too far" , he said "It's F***ing far enough !" . Once I heard that , I knew it was over . Oh yea , that & the fact that he said "It doesn't look good !" as we were walking to the car ... at least 100 feet away . With the light color , even I couldn't see hail damage from that far away ! Oh boy , this has been an experience ! Hopefully we're moving forward .

On a related note - here's a couple shots of my work today . In person , it looks MUCH better , trust me ;) . I even got rid of that horrid front plate bracket . That alone made it look bettter , LOL !!

Amazing what a good detailing can do, looks great. :cool:

Thanks - it needed it . A good cleaning is my way of welcoming a new car into the clan . I did the same for my Focus a couple months ago .

From what I can tell you came out ahead?
Question: you gonna find a way to park that inna carport now? :p

I don't know about coming out ahead , as our old wagon was in much nicer shape paint-wise . I was pretty nuts about keeping it clean all these years . This one will be treated as a daily driver that gets above average upkeep . I've found recently that it doesn't pay to be too anal with a daily beater . No carport for it , BTW . My garage is for my motorcycle & 49 Ford Custom project :) .

Looks great.

Thanks !

Looks good! Much better without the front plate frame. ;)

Looks great! I'm glad you were able to find something else that met your standards.

TThanks - So far we're happy .

Looks much better now that it's cleaned up. Sorry again about your old car, but I hope you enjoy the new one!

It's good to have a 6 wagon again !

Needs the taillights from your last one. ;)

I actually like these taillights , to be honest . They're Mazda accessory lights (as is the metal fuel filler door - not sure about that choice ;) ) . These taillights are much easier to see than the ones on our old ride ... especially on a red car that's the same color as the all-red taillights . The wagons have a poorly-designed lamp setup , IMHO , with the split turns/brake lights . You really have to be paying attention to see them - which most people are not . There's a reason they changed from the all-red lights in 06 ...

Looks good! Much better without the front plate frame. ;)

Thanks - I agree 100% !! I don't like front plates at all .

Thanks - I agree 100% !! I don't like front plates at all .

I think NOBODY in the world likes front plates. But repeated citations from your local revenue generation department makes you start to love the front plate!

I love my front plate!

Back