• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

98 SVT show car

Pudmunkie

Hard-core CEG'er
These were posted by ryanblacksvt on svtperformance. Im sure if he had a problem with it, he will PM me on svtp. These are of his friend who just finished his 98 pure show car

29yfg2a.jpg

2ch547n.jpg

33xhr4n.jpg

3z1du0n.jpg

33arka1.jpg

3338g8h.jpg

43rmjxe.jpg

2a0km09.jpg

30lf9mh.jpg

Random stats:
Floating gauge pod, each end are tweeters and gauges in the middle
Ps 2 where glove box was, molded in and painted trim
20" Konigs,bear big brakes,Ground controll
2 Tone,t-red lower, silver frost pinstripe, and black top w/cf hood

-------------------------------------

Not my full cup of tea, but it deserves to be posted here

I like the paint too, but I think something else needed to be done about where the two tone terminatesinto the headlights, it just looks weird. It needs to fade or something.... Like black eylids that would carry the dark theme around the lights, onto the top part of the oval, and would be continuous around the car.

Using decent a/v equipement would be nice too. That eclipse deck is from like 1998, and how about a screen that looks good in that center counsel?

And i don't like the PS2 glove box at all

Paint is awesome could use eyelids, and Trunk/backseat glass work seems to be top notch

Well in reality what he needs is a nice set of show stopping Pudmunkie projectors :laugh::laugh:

Oh and skunkworks custom painted bronze wheels!

Eyelids would make the two-tone look perfect.

Very clean (well it has to be) and well thought out.

How about an engine shot?

DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!

Guess, i can scratch that paint scheme off my list of "to do's"

I thought i would look good, i really like it, just wish i would have been the first.

~Josh

Pretty nice for a two tone. I can be pulled off but I agree where it just ends at the HL's is not the best. More thought of how to make it flow like curve up from where the bumper meets the fender. The wheels stick out a bit too far as well. Reverse wheel lip is never good. LOL!

DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!

Guess, i can scratch that paint scheme off my list of "to do's"

I thought i would look good, i really like it, just wish i would have been the first.

~Josh

LMAO! We have seen many 2 tone's on CEG over the years. Dude the first car came out in summer 94. In 12 years I think most things have been done.:shrug:

Definetely a clean car to say the least.

One thing if it were me though would be to change the wheels. They look goofy since the spokes stick out further than the rim. Definetely needs some meatier rubber on the wheels too. Those tires (215s im guessing) arent even as wide as the rim.

Last edited:
One thing if it were me though would be to change the wheels. They look goofy since the spokes stick out further than the rim. Definetely needs some meatier rubber on the wheels too. Those tires (215s im guessing) arent even as wide as the rim.

I agree.

I also think the stock leather needs to be replaced.
It looks too drab near the rest of his interior mods.

It's definitely a fine looking show car.

i havnt seen this car inperson but ryan told me that it looked great!!! 47,xxx miles on a 98.

he wouldnt pop his hood because it was un-finished. now from what im told by ryan he has a polished ADC kit with polished UIM, PC'ed valve covers and etc...ill post pix later on in a couple months when i go up for a show.ryan also took home another trophy

That pillar pod across the dash is pretty tight! Especially with the tweeter incorporated.

Except from a sound quality perspective, those tweeters are in an awful position. Same with the tweeters low in the center console. Looks good? Yes. Sounds good? Probably not. And for me, that would be more important.

Overall, the car looks good but could be better. I share the same opinions as others.. don't like the wheels, fiberglass work looks good, nice paint but the thought needs to be "finished" better around the headlights possibly with eyelids.

Last edited:
Back