• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

98 Mystique Foglight housing replacement

98Mystique2

CEG'er
I've had problems with my fogs for awhile, i thought it was just the gasket in the back of the bulb was letting moisture and stuff in which touched the bulbs and made them explode, i've gone through about 2 bulbs in each... well they're all gummed up and i wanted to clean them out so i thought i'd take them off... well that was a ••••• and i broke one of the mounting pins.. but anyway... got them off

Looking at the one.. there's a crack in the top housing that lets water and stuff get in... i've looked for oem replacements and have found 0 for the mystique.... is there anyway to repair the housing or should i just find some aftermarket stuff if i want fog/ driving lights..

IMG_20101215_234015small..jpg

Quick update... I tried to bake them to get the lens off but I only managed to crack the housing even more and not get the lens off... so I guess the question is do you think i'd have any luck going to a picknpull or should i just find some cheep aftermarket ones to throw in

I have had to deal with this before. first time I took some flashing and glued it to the housing, the whole top and bottom to seal it up. that worked for awhile. I went ahead and got a new set from Ford years ago. those too did the same thing.

I went to wal-mart and picked up a $20 set of fog/driving lamps. I removed the stock housing from the bracket and installed the aftermarket light bracket to the stock bracket and reinstalled. what ever the lights where they where way brighter then stock and almost over powered the low beams. but a hid setup helped that.

Just curious i'll probably go out and buy them today but did you remove your bumper to mount them, i feel like i dont have enough space to work under the car nor any idea how i'm gonna mount these

I bought a similar pair at walmart that fit almost perfectly in the opening. Did everything from the bottom up. No need to remove the bumper

So the only one that would fit in to the space where the old one was is a piolt driving light that was 55w the box was open and it looked like it had non removable bulbs so i decided i'll just look on ebay or someplace else

Back