• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

98 CSVT PCM pin diagram + Engine "PPR"

i8bugs75

New CEG'er
ALASKA TOOK MY HEART! Livin under the northern ski
Hello there wonderful people of CEG!!!

Got a qwik ? for ya. Im doing a few mods to my 98 CSVT and im proceeding with one of my minor ones right now. I bought a Stewart-Warner shift light/digi-tach from summit racing and I spent hours last night reading wiring diagrams in my chiltons and trying to browse around CEG to figure it out.

Is there anyone who can give me a diagram showing where the Tach signal wire is located on the pcm plug, the color of the wire, and finally the pulses per revolution that the 2.5L HO produces. I read that the PPR doesnt apply the way it did in the older days of calibrating tachs, (half the number of pistons = PPR) it was saying that ecu controlled v-8's now a days can have anywhere from 1 to 4 pulses per revolution. Im throwing this up kinda fast because im just on my lunch break so any info with what i have would help. If you need more info about my car let me know. THANX much... :crazy:

Bugs

WELP!!!! Nevermind folks.... I get impatient with my self sometimes..... I ended up ripping the gauge cluster out and tapping the tach's signal wire on different pins on the plug. Luckily for me the first pin i touched was the right one. hahaha.... SO....

For anyone in the future who might ever wonder...... The tach signal wire on the backside of the gauge cluster is on the left plug (the bigger one) and the wire color is gray?ish with a black stripe. I say greyish but maybe it was white. Its dark in my garage and it was kinda dirty inside the dash also... That wire is pretty much dead center of that plug. Rip in, and you can figure it out. One last thing, apperantly the old saying, "half the number of cylinders equals your pulses per revolution", Did work in my case... SVT 2.5L's have 3 Pulses per revolution.

CHEERS!!!!!!

Back