• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

8000k Warm Up

Fine lets go back and fourth all f'n day!

1. The HIDs are not even that bright. Im lower then any stock car out there on the road. So at no point will I even be remotely close to eye level with the other drivers. Noone is going to crash crash because of a HID conversion kit!

rawburt that doesnt really matter, our headlights were not designed for HIDs thus regardless how low u go, HIDs will still glare and reflect out in all the wrong angles. See for your self, park like 20ft behind a flat wall and see how your pattern is..You can never eliminate glare, you can just reduce it..

Fine lets go back and fourth all f'n day!

1. The HIDs are not even that bright. Im lower then any stock car out there on the road. So at no point will I even be remotely close to eye level with the other drivers. Noone is going to crash crash because of a HID conversion kit!

2. Oh totally, my 15 second contour is such a freaking hazard. There are certain places around SE MI where people race on the roads. Sure accidents happen but they're are typically done by asshats.

3. People shouldn't be wearing dark black clothes in the middle of the road during night. But I do get your point on this one.

There was no ownage here. I just didnt feel like bickering anymore. So there ya go.

I though you were a freaking scientist or some kind of big deal Bolt tester. Obviously if you were, the advanced processing techniques in your brain would realize that it doesnt matter how low your car is, if the headlight beam is aimed upward then at some point it will blind someone!!!

When you deal with optics and lighting, the slightest variation goes along way. Take for instance aiming a projector, if you have the projector aimed even 1/4 of an inch above level by 75 ft away its going to be shooting WAY above any oncoming traffic. Thats why the standard is to set a 3" drop from level at 25 ft away. This will generally put all beams right around 3- 3.5 feet from the ground @ 25 ft.

This same principle holds true for halogen headlamps. Everyone complains about how poor the stock lights are (and they are) but no one bothers to try and aim them!

The least you could do, which might even remove some of your doucherery would be to aim yo' ****

Back