• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

7 days and counting....

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
...until I don't have a car payment for the first time in 3+ years.

I decided enough was enough, and decided to throw all my spare cash at the car note, and in three months have eliminated 3K in debt. I think I'm going to celebrate by buying a car. :laugh:

nice josh! it is a good feeling. I havent had a car payment in 5 years and 9 months.

Now I have optional car payments. if moneys tight, I dont buy my monthly allotment of go-go fast parts.

awesome Josh. That will feel great. You know you are going to buy another SVT :nonono: I only buy SVTs that I have cash in my pocket for. I have another brewing right now. Might be shipping a SVT here :ponder:

I agree that no car payment is the best way to go. My SVT has been paid off since late '06. My project SHO, April, was a pay-as-you-go setup -- I bought her for cash and then poured entire paychecks into her for about 18 months, but I was never in debt to do it. :laugh: Paid cash for the T-Car, and my first SHO was paid off in the early going -- when you get up to over 221,000 miles, it better be paid for. :cool:

My advice? Stay debt free.

havent had a car payment since 2000 and we all know how many cars I've gone thru since then... LOL

I'm REALLY bummed out that all I have is 1 car now... :( I need variety!

I've never officially had a car payment for my last 3 cars/trucks, but my dad has a new '08 Corvette coming in and I am thinking about buying his Denali. I have enough cash on hand to cover it, especially if I sell the Jetta, but I'm not sure that I would want to be out that much cash, because I'm afraid that I wouldn't save enough to replace it. I'm thinking about taking out a loan to keep my money in the bank and force myself to put the money towards the truck, but I've never had a car payment and the thought of it kind of scares me.

Why did you get rid of the Blacktiva? It was saving you a ton of money due to cheap maintenance, low insurance rates, and great fuel economy.

And it did so for a year and a half, and I'm moving on to something else. If you'd like i can post up the last year an a half's records detailing every penny the car cost and saved me. Drove the car for a year and a half and tens of thousands of miles, and I'm walking away $438.28 in the hole. You ever drive a car that long and have it cost you only $438.28? What's that, two months worth of payments on your TDI? :rolleyes:

The only reason the car is even gone today is a buddy of mine blew up the motor in his car and needed a new ride, so i hooked him up.

And it did so for a year and a half, and I'm moving on to something else. If you'd like i can post up the last year an a half's records detailing every penny the car cost and saved me. Drove the car for a year and a half and tens of thousands of miles, and I'm walking away $438.28 in the hole. You ever drive a car that long and have it cost you only $438.28? What's that, two months worth of payments on your TDI? :rolleyes:

The only reason the car is even gone today is a buddy of mine blew up the motor in his car and needed a new ride, so i hooked him up.

NICE!

whatcha going to drive when we get more snow? we are, trust me - this Winter is not over yet... it has at least 1 last dumper up its sleeve.

I have had a truck payment since 2001 or 2002? Can't remember. Really regretting it now. Hopefully in a year or less I'll be able to ditch it for good and the wifes car. As long as the Geo doesn't puke its guts on me I'm saving easily $200+ a month on fuel.

Look on the bright side you could be me and have to call a company and tell them you can't accept a 60K salary+13K bonus/fuel costs+free tools/uniforms/boots traveling job. I was offered the position Thursday and saturday I already knew I couldn't take it. I'm totally bummed. I have another place calling Tuesday with an offer too. I'll probably be shooting them down too if I'm lucky they'll offer me more $$$ yet. :(

whatcha going to drive when we get more snow? we are, trust me - this Winter is not over yet... it has at least 1 last dumper up its sleeve.

Driving BLKOUT2 for a while, I'm on the hunt for a 4cyl/MTX cougar, but i don't really intend to buy until fall, I'll be able to save up the total cost of the car by then so i can still avoid having a monthly payment.

Got my csvt in '03. Paid it off a year early. Soon after found out there's a kid on the way. The wife and I went and got a Freestyle...hello again payments!

At this point I'm seriously thinking about a cheap ZX-2 mtx to save on gas. However I am having a very hard time deciding whether I should get that with our taxes, or put the money into the svt!

Back