• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

64 degrees!!!

CSVT1214

Addicted CEG'er
Just checked the news and it's 64 degrees out right now in downtown Hartford. :drool: :drool:

It was only supposed to hit 50 today.

I thought we did great when we hit 38 yesterday :cry: You guys must have girls running around in thongs in that weather.

wow ... sometimes I don't realize quite how big the difference in temperature can be.

41 degrees here right now according to Yahoo Weather. I'm waiting till after Wednesdays' rainstorm to take the SVT out, salt should be off the roads.

HOPEFULLY the apartment driveway finally won't have a sheet of ice on it when I get home. (I got totally stuck Saturday night!)

I thought we did great when we hit 38 yesterday :cry: You guys must have girls running around in thongs in that weather.

Yeah, but the girls in New England running around in thongs really shoudn't. :shocked: :nonono:

It's not like we are in South Beach. :drool:

its nice out but the roads are still ridic. wet! Some people cant seem to drive straight and love kicking sand off the shoulders! :mad:

those people should be kicked in the teeth

what does that have to do with what Haroon said?

and whats wrong with RWD in the winter?
i prefer it over FWD.

I was assuming he didn't like the sand on the roads because it can be an issue with him keeping traction. :shrug:

No traction in winter is one large issue. My freind has been driving RWD cars for over 10 years now, and up until this winter never drove a FWD, and he said there was no problems with RWD. Now he has changed his mind rather quickly. He no longer gets stuck on his flat driveway in an inch of snow with good tires. Control isn't an issue, just don't be retarded and don't over correct.

After driving both FWD and RWD in snow, I prefer RWD.

The FWD handles a little better off the line, but correction in a slide is much easier with RWD.

His car's leased. So you possibly return it with a few tiny sand dings. No sweat -- they won't even notice.

Separately, the weather is fantastic! :cool:

His car's leased. So you possibly return it with a few tiny sand dings. No sweat -- they won't even notice.

Separately, the weather is fantastic! :cool:

Time to put a lawn chair out in the snow and crack open a bottle of beer while in shorts? :laugh:

Time to put a lawn chair out in the snow and crack open a bottle of beer while in shorts? :laugh:

And if you don't have a lawn chair, you can just make one out of a kitchen chair. You'll just need a couple hinges to get the back to recline, a bow saw, and the handyman's secret weapon -- duct tape.

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, at least they'll find you handy." :laugh:

And if you don't have a lawn chair, you can just make one out of a kitchen chair. You'll just need a couple hinges to get the back to recline, a bow saw, and the handyman's secret weapon -- duct tape.

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, at least they'll find you handy." :laugh:

You get that show in the civilized part of the world huh? i love it. Then again what does that say about me?

Back