• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

500$ svt on craigslist

imurdaddytoo sport

Veteran CEG'er
In Chicago,
went to look at it the other day, the thing is in pretty rough shape, almost no coolant, body is rough.
Was about to buy it but the second time he tried 2 start it, it just kept grinding. Decided against it, if anyone else goes and looks at it just know the starters bad. First time he started it fine but took about 10 tries the second time

I called him this morning. I want to get it so I can just fix up the body/starter and have a good driver for $500. He is holding it for me right now. Tell me more about the car please.

missing skirt?
trashed rear bumper?
fenders need replacing?
what else?

I called him this morning. I want to get it so I can just fix up the body/starter and have a good driver for $500. He is holding it for me right now. Tell me more about the car please.

missing skirt?
trashed rear bumper?
fenders need replacing?
what else?
jeez joe slow down once in a while lol I think you need some professional:help:

I just want one good running SVT. I have the one with the blown motor and the parts car.

I don't have the ambition to put a 3L in the bad motor SVT. I would buy this $500 one, get some good body parts, and sell off the blown motor SVT I have.

Few other problems,
Hole in the lower front bumper
tach and temp gauge are screwed up
Front right tire will need to be replaced asap, has a bubble and its cut, wouldnt trust it for more then 20 miles.
Center Console was broke
No reverse lock out
Cracked winshield
Driver seat motor is going out.
No antenna, no jack point covers
Crack in the winshield wiper fluid reservoir - doesn't hold any fluid.
Also front left tire could be in trouble because there is sharp metal exposed in the wheel wells.
Exhaust has a hole or bad leak or rusted, I didn't look at it but it had some bad rasp and he said it was stock.
Check engine light is on, he said he didn't have it read
Coolant light is on.
No floor mats.
Trunk mat is warped
No stock Jack, or wrench
When we were there it was a little low on oil, the owner said it never leaked but we put 2 quarts in to get it back up.
There is some more ???? with it also, I'll post if I remember more
Joe, I was going to do the same thing with it, but it had a lot of problem and I've seen ones with much nice body's go for roughly the same price. If I think of more later I'll let you know.
My guess is it probably needs about 2000$ worth of parts just to get it back to an average daily driver.

Personally I don't think this car is worth saving. Even parting out there isn't much to be made.

Thanks for the update, I am bummed.

1,3,5 gear shift is no big deal to fix. The fenders/bumper/skirts is no big deal. Being low on oil is not cool either, glad you saw that. The other things I can change out but this thing really sounds like a piece of crap. I will wait for more pics and maybe it will be mine, who knows :crazy:.....

What did you expect for $500? LMAO! Actually sounds better than the $1200 range cars I helped a buddy find on Sat.

Looked at a 2000 Taurus that had one donut and the suspension was completely blown out and every door was kicked in. Sat on the tires. Wouldn't budge from $700. LMAO!

For the price and to only have to put a starter in it and ajust the shift cables isn't a bad deal. I think it has a fidanza flywheel and new clutch too, so if it is well taken care of from now on it should last a long time...... I will let you guys know if I get it or not. Might pick it up anyway just because :shrug:.

For the price and to only have to put a starter in it and ajust the shift cables isn't a bad deal. I think it has a fidanza flywheel and new clutch too, so if it is well taken care of from now on it should last a long time...... I will let you guys know if I get it or not. Might pick it up anyway just because :shrug:.

If you pick it up, I need a favor while you are down there. :cool:

What did you expect for $500? LMAO! Actually sounds better than the $1200 range cars I helped a buddy find on Sat.

Looked at a 2000 Taurus that had one donut and the suspension was completely blown out and every door was kicked in. Sat on the tires. Wouldn't budge from $700. LMAO!

I expect alot for $500, after all, I do drive a Lexus! :crazy::laugh:

Last edited:
BUy it Joe, while your down there get Dukes svt lon block for me and then give me the front clip off that csvt I need one.

I might do that for ya Tony and Jon...... I will see pics tomorrow and need to decide if I will drive it back or tow it..... Might drive it:shrug:. I might not get it until next week though because we are camping from thrus-sunday

It was REALLY rough. I understand why they passed on it earlier but $500 is a bit much. Maybe 2-300 :laugh: hehe

very rough is right. but the interior looked like it would have cleaned up nicely.

07-01-09_1850.jpg

Somebody worried about their oil level?

07-01-09_1847.jpg

Back