• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

50 DRY SHOT ANYONE???

svt2sho

CEG'er
i have a few questions on a venom dry 50 shot that i will be installing.

1. are ngk TR55s gonna be ok?
2. has anyone had a dry 50 shot blow up ther motor?
3. should i get it on the dyno after install or will it be ok??

Thanx for the help.....

You should be fine with the plugs and a 50 shot. I wouldnt even worry about it. If you are going to set up to a big shot though, you might want to think about a tune/ bigger injectors.

If it were me, before I even run a bottle through that car I would get it on the dyno to monitor the AFR. Youve got one of the most powerful hybrids on the forums. It would be a shame to blow it up.

flip chip would be the best. but a timing retard would not be in order with only a 50 shot. if you run the car lean, think about the AFR for sure :)

Let me chime in here..... svt2sho, I've lost track of what you're doing with the car. You have an Xcal2 that came with the car, do not, and I repeat DO NOT run the nitrous on the program that it's set on!!!! Switch to the nitrous program before you do anything!!!! Anyway, it's your car so you can run it how you want, but I've got a little bit of experience with it.

Mark

Let me chime in here..... svt2sho, I've lost track of what you're doing with the car. You have an Xcal2 that came with the car, do not, and I repeat DO NOT run the nitrous on the program that it's set on!!!! Switch to the nitrous program before you do anything!!!! Anyway, it's your car so you can run it how you want, but I've got a little bit of experience with it.

Mark

yeah im not running that tune...i wasnt even gonna get a tune since its under a 75 shot,,,,

yeah im not running that tune...i wasnt even gonna get a tune since its under a 75 shot,,,,

I don't think you understand. The tune that you drove off with, is ONLY for naturally aspirated!! It has advanced timing, and the A/F is ~13:1. Go ahead and run nitrous on that though and let me know if you don't need a tune. :help: Again, YOU NEED TO GET SOME SORT OF A TUNE!! You're not running on a stock tune!!!! :troutslap:

Mark

Back