• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

4 cyl vs. 6cyl rear ratios MTX

jeffersbmw

New CEG'er
I swear there was a thread on here that shows gear ratios of all gears in 4 cyl and 6 cyl applications. I cant find it.... does anyone remember what I'm talking about.

Basically I need to see if the gears in a 4 cyl are numerically lower, so they can be swapped into my trans with the 4.06 gear ratio.

Thanks

1st -5th and reverse are all the same for both engines. the only difference is the FD ratio. Zetecs got a 3.84 while the Duratecs got a 4.06.

That's what I was afraid of.

I have a 99 CSVT, so any 99 MTX-75 from V6 is a good replacement SVT or not. Correct??

correct, although you can use any MTX75 from a 98-02 V6 Contour/Mystique/Cougar.
I have no experience on the matter, but I thought I had read (back 2 yrs ago?) the input shafts had a different length or something to that effect causing compatibility issues??

I thought I read that as well, kinda thought it had to be a same model year replacement

I have no experience on the matter, but I thought I had read (back 2 yrs ago?) the input shafts had a different length or something to that effect causing compatibility issues??

The input shaft length difference is also a zetec vs duratec thing like the bellhousing pattern. All v6 mtx-75s from 98-02 are compatible.

Back