• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L engine sales in detroit michigan area

fogartyjohn

commanospace
wondering if any of the Michigan local ceg'ers know of a good place for me to buy my 3L engine or any websites that may help me find a engine. used to know a few places local but i dont remember what they where called.

any thoughts or input is greatly appreciated
thanks guys

i don't deal with Scott cowart anymore!!!

well my buddy Adam e bought a engine and picked it up today the guy told us it was a 05 sable engine with 38,xxx miles and when we got it it was a 04 engine and it was disgusting inside when we opened it up after the guy promised us the engine was clean and in great shape so here is a few pics of the engine we got at GLENS CAR AND TRUCK PARTS in browns town MI, we are going back tomorrow to get a replacement engine that is actually clean and has 38,xxx miles there is now way the engine we got was under 200,xxx miles and now for the pics of the trash they sold us as clean and low mileage. will never ever buy anything from this place again and i recommend no one els does either!!!!!

2011-08-26205204.jpg

2011-08-26205141.jpg

2011-08-26205131.jpg

Thanks John.... I couldn't post pics.. I WILL NEVER go back to GLENS CAR AND TRUCK IN BTOENSTOWN MI ever again and if they wanna be proclaim about this deal ill report them to bbb. They lied so bad and thought I was a shmuck I'm not that is so nasty it would never come clean. I'll b getting answers at 9 am when they open up please believe that. So don't go to glens ever

Yeah people think they are sweet scamming but karma will get them soon or later always does. All I wanted was what I was told I was paying for not something else. But I'm in there parking lot so I will get answers for sure..

Iv gotten so many good motors from them though when i worked down the street, that really sucks! im sure they'll swap it for a real motor! thats terrible!

Yeah Steve me n John went up there they are taking care of it I guess the motor I bought was behind a few transmissions and they didn't wanna move them but the real motor is a lot better.

LKQ in belleville. Tell them what you need. If they don't have it then they can probably get it from their network.

they can, but not for 3-400 bucks...i'v had super great success with LKQ and Glens...i'v even seen a motor like this from LKQ, so it does happen although it shouldn't!

yeah i know what you mean steve but the point is that this was not even the engine we paid for this was the first one that was out so they just gave it to us the worker that was pulling the engine we bought even told us that the boss just told him to give us that one instead of getting the one we paid for and thought we where getting you know.

but they took care of it even thou they did not want to so we got what we paid for and its a gem :)

Yeah so let's put the dam gem in John lol. I wanna drive this hog n not push it in and out of my garage anymore.

LKQ is no longer in Belleville. They moved to Wayne. We are on Elizabeth St and Clinton. South of Mich Ave west of Wayne. I know when i was first looking for a CSVT i found one with a blown motor. So I checked at my work to see how much a 3L was. And the retail wasnt to bad. It was live 1400 forone with 17000 miles on. My price was alot better but hey. lol

Back