• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3 liter conversion swap parts interested?

thought he said 65?

I know exactly squat about SVT stuff....

not a big fan of "sport" trim levels that cost twice the price of buying a base model and making it twice as fast....
LMAO @ U if you only knew what I just paid for my 3l SVT

PM me... haha

THe full 3L has a pssage for air flow at the top of the UIM. The throttle body mates to the upper intake manifold. The 3.0L has this very passage that feeds the IAC. On the svt throttle body no passage is needed so it is not present.... because our IAC is on the side of the manifold.

Now the 65mm tb is the same as the svt throttle body. Which means there is no passage inside the throttle body that would provide air to the iac passage.

So what he did is created a plate that provides this canal. So now the 3L guys can go from 60mm to a 65mm. Which is a main concern for some who are running svt cams in a 3L setup...knowing that the 3.0L 60mm is starting to starve upwards around 6k rpms. This provides additional flow at the upper rpms. Also allows the 3L guys with turbo applications an upgrade.

this is nice because you keep the iac where its supposed to be, and just run a tube to before the throttle body (after the maf though) and that will work just like a remote iac. i got a 65mm tb on my car by building a remote IAC and blocking off the old IAC mounting point. both ways will work wonderfully.

Why would you make a adaptor for the svt tb when you could just use the 3L? They are the same size. Doesnt make since to me unless you are worried about the throttle hookup. In that case all you have to do is a simple swap of the svt throttle wheel onto the 3L TB and whala it hooks up like factory. Am interested in the egr tube since i deleted mine i want to add it back now

Why would you make a adaptor for the svt tb when you could just use the 3L? They are the same size. Doesnt make since to me unless you are worried about the throttle hookup. In that case all you have to do is a simple swap of the svt throttle wheel onto the 3L TB and whala it hooks up like factory. Am interested in the egr tube since i deleted mine i want to add it back now

I never saw a 3L TB where the SVT or Cougar cable and OEM bracket just bolted right up. I am guessing you are welding up or bending the bracket to fit properly. Show me a pic that has this looking stock.

;)

this is modified.... but a stock part. i just made a circular opening a square.

of course i have the factory taurus linkage cover on it so its impossible to see anyways. this is a 65mm TB. i have also used an 05 style just modifying the hole to be square also.

however, for the "novice", your setup will be a direct bolt in. "dummy proof" if you will.
IMG_1693.jpg

lol i'll have to pull the cover and take another pic.

After swaping the tb wheel the braket will bolt right up only at one point which will hold but I welded on another piece to bolt the other side down. But the throttle cable and cruise will hook up just like factory

that what I thought the the bracket does not have anything to bolt too and that will be the major difference and the spacer will allow for you to use a 65mm TB that does not have the IAC opening up top where i have the 3/4" nipple on the side to be able to plumb the line before the 65mm TB plus some people rather keep there SVT TB too and not have to swap over their wheel. Thanks for the input we are going to sell this part for around $125 plus you have 1 1/4" TB spacer with helix spiral grooves to improve air flow and add little small volume.

Tricker if you do have pics that would be great too joey

I just used the SVT cable bracket on the 3ls wheel. No real problems just have to make a little braket for oneof the bolts to hold on to.

P1010141.jpg

P1010139.jpg

that what I thought the the bracket does not have anything to bolt too and that will be the major difference and the spacer will allow for you to use a 65mm TB that does not have the IAC opening up top where i have the 3/4" nipple on the side to be able to plumb the line before the 65mm TB plus some people rather keep there SVT TB too and not have to swap over their wheel. Thanks for the input we are going to sell this part for around $125 plus you have 1 1/4" TB spacer with helix spiral grooves to improve air flow and add little small volume.

Tricker if you do have pics that would be great too joey

yeah i'll get some joey. my setup is using a taurus throttle bracket btw. its still not the best way. i'd totally be interested in your setup because it requires no modification. guys here should note that on an 04/05 manifold there can be clearance issues with polyeurethane roll resistors and the IAC hitting the hood. this would also eliminate that problem

yeah i'll get some joey. my setup is using a taurus throttle bracket btw. its still not the best way. i'd totally be interested in your setup because it requires no modification. guys here should note that on an 04/05 manifold there can be clearance issues with polyeurethane roll resistors and the IAC hitting the hood. this would also eliminate that problem

yes with my spacer you can block off the top IAC and I can make a remote mount for the IAC where you can have it off to the side and even use the Escape one too. joey

Back