• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3" exhaust for turbo

Stylin55_oh

CEG'er
I am completing my turbo kit and i want to upgrade to a 3" exhaust. I have a few questions. What mufflers are people running on the 3" trubendz? What about a resonator? Also i dont have the flexible coupling to go from the split exhaust pipe going under my tranny to the rest of the exhaust and I'm not sure what people are using for that. any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated.

last I checked the trubendz 3" exhaust didn't come with a resonator. personally I would go with Borla mufflers, but thats what i currently have. as for a flex pipe, are you using the NPG kit or making your own? NPG kit comes with a flex pipe. otherwise just pick one up and use it as you need something.

i have the npg kit but i bought it used and it didnt come with the flex pipe. Also i saw that the trubendz doesnt have a resonator i was wondering if anyone added one or if people are satisfied with just two mufflers.

interesting. I have a cat and non-cat pipe for my NPG kit and both have flex pipes. so I would just add one in.

my 2.5" exhaust with borla muffler and two resonators (note this is opposite the stock exhaust with a resonator and then two mufflers) is to quiet now. maybe that isn't a bad thing but the turbo cut the exhaust volume in half.

interesting. I have a cat and non-cat pipe for my NPG kit and both have flex pipes. so I would just add one in.

my 2.5" exhaust with borla muffler and two resonators (note this is opposite the stock exhaust with a resonator and then two mufflers) is to quiet now. maybe that isn't a bad thing but the turbo cut the exhaust volume in half.

yeah, the turbo does a pretty good job at evening out the pulses and quieting the tone down. I had no muffler on my turbo Zetec, just a Monza resonated tip, and it wasnt any louder than without the turbo but with a muffler.

He has the prototype NPG kit. FWIW, I'd bet any money that's why he doesn't have one.

yes and yes. either way i need to tie my exhaust together. i thought about replacing everything from the end of the kit i got now with 3" until the split then just welding it on the the split 2.5" exhaust because that would be greater flow than the single 3" and i don't have to buy new mufflers. So just any flex pipe

Back