• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2011 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 6th-9th

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
Its never too early to get this going and until this year, I've always waited till right after SZ to put up a poll for the date, have it voted on and then get things going, this year is different. The past couple years the 2nd week of October has won, so I decided to just have it the 2nd week of October from now on.

For those who don't know, we stay here www.caneycreekvillage.com Its been our home base for all but one year, the 2004 run where the cabins were sold out before we could get in there. The owner here, Dixie, takes good care of us and has great prices on the cabins. Speaking of great prices, if you split the cost with a buddy or two, the price is VERY affordable as far as that goes. Gas is your biggest expense, getting there and back and not to mention what you use while running the Skyway/Dragon, your mileage goes all the way down, example of this was my old 07' Mini Cooper S went down to 17 mpg while out there, my current car, Honda Fit sport, goes down to 23 mpg. I spend about $400 total for the entire trip and to keep things smoother, we're going to eat breakfast at the cabins instead of all trying to go to the local restaraunt, waiting to get served and eat and then go out and about. I mean you can do what you wanna do, its not that structured out there, its a vacation afterall.

Searching our forum here will net you alot of pics and vids from our trip. Last year we had 26 cars total over a 5 day period, yeah, 5 day period as some guys came out a day early and left a day early or showed up a day late and left on Monday, like I said, whatever you wanna do.

I was impressed by the showing of Contours this past year but we'd always like to have a couple more out there, this is the CEG afterall:shrug: Our run is well organized and always has something different showing up, so even if you don't own a Contour anymore, it doesn't matter, just bring it. Speaking of that, it doesn't matter what you drive either, as long as it a solid car with good tires and brakes, your good to go. I have a Honda Fit sport, no perf car but its light weight and handles pretty well, handling is EVERYTHING out there, not big power (although if you've got it, make sure you know how to use it!) Noobs aren't looked down on either, trust me, every year there's always a couple noobs, its all about enjoying the ride and getting used to things. I will lead the noob group as some don't wanna be bogged down with all the stopping all th time, its not a problem:cool:

We have yet to have someone come from west of the Mississippi or the northeast, so we'd love to have some new areas show up and represent this year. 2011 is our 9th annual run, the 2nd longest running CEG event next to SZ. I will say that other forums have been included in our run, but its all good as we're all car guys and you know how that goes.

You can post any questions/comments here or drop me a PM:cool:

Back