• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2010 Goals and Speculations

Manimillion

Veteran CEG'er
We see it, we hear it, we've seen it, and we've heard it.

What are your goals for 2010 for your Contour?
How much power do you plan on putting down? (whp)
What do you plan on running on the 1/4 mile?

-Install 39lb injectors, 80MM MAF, get the car re-tuned
- 2.5L @ 9-10 PSI should be around 280-290 WHP
- If I make it to a track this year, I would like to have a low 14 second pass.

Depending on what my Dad does, we might be putting a 3L in my car this year too.:crazy::drool:

- Get a 3L in the car, True Duals, Coilovers, Big brake kit and other such perf. parts.
- Looking to be in the 230 whp range.
- Don't really care for the 1/4 mile so much, if i were to go it would be my first time so maybe low 14's :shrug:. Circuit racing is what i care for most :cool:.

- Get a 3L in the car, True Duals, Coilovers, Big brake kit and other such perf. parts.
- Looking to be in the 230 whp range.
- Don't really care for the 1/4 mile so much, if i were to go it would be my first time so maybe low 14's :shrug:. Circuit racing is what i care for most :cool:.

You could have bought my car and basically had all that...well minus the true duals. But what plans do you have to get your 3.0L to 230 whp?

You could have bought my car and basically had all that...well minus the true duals. But what plans do you have to get your 3.0L to 230 whp?

Well 230 whp is best case scenario. If im in the 215-225 range i'll be happy... well for now. Hopefully Nima will build me a solid motor and i can get into the 215-225 range... possibly 230 :). I have an st220 intake manifold, i'm going to be getting true duals, and i might also get some headwork done depending on how much money i have after all this.

Well it would take a lot to buy your car since i'm up in Canada, eh?! lol.

Not a contour, but for my exploder:

Cone filter, electric cooling fan, new orange 19Lb injectors to update from the old style injectors, headers, exhaust, rocker panels, A/F gauge, vacuum gauge, trans oil temp gauge, LED lighting, and a 135 amp alternator. Might try to find a UDP, and I would like to put on a push guard.

Hey, most of those mods will increase horsepower, and fuel economy is my goal. I am hoping to make a 30mpg 4wd explorer. I am currently at 21mpg on 87 octane regular non-ethanol gasoline driving an average speed of 75 with the headlights off heater barely on and blower on low.

Sale Contour and buy an 05-09 Subaru Legacy GT as DD
Since the Cobra is paid for I plan to buy another toy...thinking C6 Z06.

New OEM clutch coupled with a 3L. Already to drop in, just need to wait till the weather warms a bit.

run a low 13 on my heavy arse 18" on driving around pressure just for giggles. the real goal is to win SMF in Indiana Northwest Region SCCA and in the Great Lakes Region Divisional series, and SM in South Bend Region SCCA. and Id like to place at the Grissom National event, as well as the National championships in Lincoln, NB.

You know, nothing special

I'd honestly just like to have a contour with a fresh engine and suspension (has newerish transmission) by the end of the year. Maybe some new wheels / tires.

Ive been pricing around but I don't want to trust it to just anyone and prices I've got are to high. Might just have to suck it up.

yeah ... last thing you are going to want is to baby it around because you fear breaking the diff.

Back