• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2010 CEG Calendars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. The pictures seem to be chosen based on the background scenery, rather than the quality of the car in it.

The background scenery is important, it's not just about the car. ;) If the car is nice but the background is awful, I don't want to see that in a calendar. Both need to look good to me.

I ordered three. Did the economy shipping and received them in three days via UPS. :)

not impressed with the pictures this year. lack of originality in the placement of the cars is what i see most of, lol.

I would agree as well. However that said I think there are a few shots that are definitely pretty good.

The background scenery is important, it's not just about the car. ;) If the car is nice but the background is awful, I don't want to see that in a calendar. Both need to look good to me.

I ordered three. Did the economy shipping and received them in three days via UPS. :)

I do agree that the background is important; however, in most of the pictures, the background dominates the picture and draws attention away from the car. This was a Contour calender, after all. A few of the pictures not chosen represented the car much better.
All that being said, I will probably order one anyways.

People complaining after all the months of work that went into making the calendar are wasting energy that could be better spent snapping what they consider to be calendar quality pictures for next year.
You had a chance to be a part of how this year's turned out.
It's too late to criticize now.

I swear, no matter how many times this point is made, people still ignore it and choose to poo-poo everything.

Think you can do it better? go for it. Don't like how this year's turned out? tough titties, what's done is done.
Move on.

People complaining after all the months of work that went into making the calendar are wasting energy that could be better spent snapping what they consider to be calendar quality pictures for next year.
You had a chance to be a part of how this year's turned out.
It's too late to criticize now.

I swear, no matter how many times this point is made, people still ignore it and choose to poo-poo everything.

Think you can do it better? go for it. Don't like how this year's turned out? tough titties, what's done is done.
Move on.

Well said.

I would have loved to submit my pictures, but when the car was nice and clean, I couldn't seem to find just the right background, or the car was dirty and I would see a great background. I actually had gotten some pictures this year that I would have liked to submit, but the picture quality wasn't good enough.:nonono:

One of my big goals (call it a New Year's resolution if you will) is to try to get some calendar worthy shots of mine this year.

I think the pictures look pretty good this year and thanks to everyone who works to make this happen every year.

but when the car was nice and clean, I couldn't seem to find just the right background, or the car was dirty and I would see a great background.

I'm just lucky my picture was dark enough that my dirty windshield made it through..:blackeye:..happy to be in it for my last year as well:cool:

ordered my calendar Jan 6th in the evening, received the package yesterday, the 13th, and I paid for the cheapest shipping.
Pretty quick considering their shipping estimates.
I'm happy.

Got'em, that was quick.

Snipey, no offense but holy crap how did your picture get in :laugh:? Dirty windshield, blurry, oh well. I like the car but I think you have had better shots in the past.

My pic looks way to bright on the bottom half, like there is nothing there. Just bright white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back