• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2005 ST220 vs 2005 Escape upper intake manifold (UIM) volume

It's just a max EH'ed manifold, he just thinks its spechal :)

Kind of like you and your SHO Shop LIM on a portmatched motor... :p

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got new smilies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:wizard: :wtf: :wave:

That is special :)

However, it might get all torn apart again, if that blue smoke doesn't go away on cold starts.

That would suckkkkkk.

That is special :)

However, it might get all torn apart again, if that blue smoke doesn't go away on cold starts.

That would suckkkkkk.

It's a $300 Taurus motor... Blow it up and start over.

Last edited:
I'll most likely be sticking with the plastic LIM. I have to measure the EH'd intake and see where the ports ended up. If there is a considerable difference I'll port match the LIM to match or just get a hold of an Mondeo LIM and go from there.
Supposedly the Mazda MPV has an aluminum oval port LIM, Dom over on fordcontour.com has one.
Nice pics on the ST220. I was out of town all weekend and was going to post the pics I took, but it looks just like yours :laugh:
I've left 2 messages for Rick at EH and no return call yet, but I'm betting they didn't flow them :nonono:
Also, they returned my intake plugs and they look in great shape, are they reusable?
Maybe you could get your engine guy to flow both---I'd donate a few bucks to the cause.
-J

Ok i just did a quick test of my spair 04 taurus upper. Not sure how you did yours but I just duck taped the crap out the end of all the open ports lol. The only thing is right when the water was just about all the way to the top of the runners, maybe about a inch away from the top, it started leaking out the IAC port. Not pooring just a pretty good drip. So i hurried up and filled it to the top and looked at my measuring jug. Now i dont know if there would be a way for a void to be in the as CSVT#49 said he tried to make sure there wasnt any in there, but i didnt have time to do that cause of the leak. But I measured 3.6L. Anyway im sure it would be more accurate if someone did ti and checked for voids and not leaking

why not try weighing the UIM. ... 1 litre of water = 1Kg etc ...G.

um.... 3.6L.... highly doubtful man. the taurus upper is bigger than the escape, which was over 5L
like i said this was just a quick test since it started leaking maybe voids? idk but my measuring jug is 1400ml which it took 3600 ml = 3.6L. I thought the newer escape was bigger than the taurus?

like i said this was just a quick test since it started leaking maybe voids? idk but my measuring jug is 1400ml which it took 3600 ml = 3.6L. I thought the newer escape was bigger than the taurus?

I'm willing to bet you had air pockets in the UIM.

I would agree with this. He already proven his idiocy in the Kenne Belle thread...
I think youve proven that about your self, your driving a zetec :laugh: and riding around with coolant leaks having to put 3-4 gallons of water a day in. But anyway I might try it again. How did you seal up your ports? Maybe silicon so i can put it off fairly easy?

I think youve proven that about your self, your driving a zetec :laugh: and riding around with coolant leaks having to put 3-4 gallons of water a day in. But anyway I mioght try it again. How did you seal up your ports? Maybe silacon so i can put it off fairly easy?

its not what you drive that matters, its how you drive it.

/quote

I think youve proven that about your self, your driving a zetec :laugh: and riding around with coolant leaks having to put 3-4 gallons of water a day in. But anyway I might try it again. How did you seal up your ports? Maybe silicon so i can put it off fairly easy?

I drove around like that for two weeks before fixing the water pump, which requires disassembly of the timing components (well, some of them). My Contour is my only means of traveling 45 minutes to and from work each day. At least I had the intelligence to closely monitor my coolant (well, at that point it was water...) level. You don't even have the intelligence to realize that a massive Kenne Bell won't fit under the hood of a Contour.

Here is a much better picture that I found with my mystical internet searching powers of a Ford Escape with a Kenne Bell. Hopefully you will then TRULY UNDERSTAND how it WILL. NOT. FIT.

kennebellfordescape.jpg

Damn and youre still going on about it? If you had read after someone already pointed something out to me i said " yup youre right. I understand now ". Ill admit when im wrong or been proven wrong. But atleast i have the common sense to fix my car when its leaking 4 gallons of water a day. I mean really how do you monitor a car thats leaking that much water? Did you get out at every redlight and check it or something? And idc what you have to pull off 2 weeks is way to long for something like that. If you couldnt fix that in a day you shouldnt be working on a car anyway. Now please stop hijacking the thread and get back on the topic. If you want to carry on please start another

I'm doing a Mazda MPV Full 3L swap & now i wanna take my UIM off and measure it. If i do measure it i will post it here .. it's a pretty large but ugly UIM, I'm thinking it will have a large volume..

PreMazdaMPV3L002.jpg

PreMazdaMPV3L003.jpg

Back