• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2000 Contour Sport - Need Cigarette Lighter info

ZDarryl

Be Gentle I'm New Here
Hi,

I am new here and just bought a 2000 Contour Sport. It doesn't have a cigarette light port, just a hole in the console.

I bought a new socket from a Ford OEM site, but it falls into the hole. The site mentions an illumination ring, which may fix the problem, but there isn't any info about it and I don't want to spend the $30+ for something I may not need.

Does anyone have this same car that could post a picture of the lighter assembly?

Thanks!

I was trying to post a screen shot from the website I bought the socket from, but the attachment window isn't working for me????

Darryl

the 2000's don't have the illumination ring, just a black gromet.'95-97 had the illumination ring, also a different console. tons of Contours end up at scrap yards, could just pop in and have a look see. Maybe take a couple of different ones.

you will have to get the grommet from a 2000 as it has a different sized hole. i had the same problem originally in my 2000 SVTC. i went to the junkyard and picked up a grommet from the first 98+ only to find out it was too small. went back and found a 2000 that had a good one and pulled it.

Thanks Guys! Glad I asked before spending $30 on the illumination ring!

Now it's time to find a junkyard in my area!:laugh:

Back