• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

200,000k mile SVTC club...anyone???

95pgt-t

Hard-core CEG'er
i'm curious how many people w/svts have passed the 200k mile mark w/original tranny and engine. i imagine the list to be pretty short.

the last part was a stretch...how long did your engine last?
ive got 170k on my original engine

At nearly 235,000 miles, I not only still have the original engine and trans, I still have the original clutch.

And anyone that has driven with me can tell you I don't drive like a grandma, although I do have four grandkids.

130k all original. Had to finally do the rear brakes 2 weeks ago. Have had god knows how many sets of plug wires, oh and tires too. IAC is original though but my water pump lost that little diffuser disc recently too........other than that I am working on a miracle.

175 K

175 K

I have 175 K on my SE Sport, same engine, tranny (MTX), and clutch.

the tranny can grind when going from 2nd to 3rd. It's been like that since the first year i had it. It only happens if i try to shift quickly between 2nd and 3rd.

Ken

the tranny can grind when going from 2nd to 3rd. It's been like that since the first year i had it. It only happens if i try to shift quickly between 2nd and 3rd.

Ken

Typical of the this tranny. Your 3rd gear syncros are going out.

so this is good to hear. i know my original tour lost it engine at 35k when the driver for the dealership was picking the car up from another dealer he hit a thruway off ramp to hard and spun a bearing.

My CSVT has 141k on it. All still original to my knowledge. It was a one owner car before I purchased it back in May of '07

-Adam

200,000?? i cant even remember how long ago that was?

200,000?? i cant even remember how long ago that was?

I was at 250 something in thousands when my throw out bearing went earlier this year. I now have 263 with new clutch kit, new 3rd gear with syncros, new 5th gear and replaced all engine gaskets except for heads. i will be at 300 on original engine by next year. you guys dont have the steel rear end that i have!!

164,000 on my SE , with orig tranny and motor. Shifts smooth as silk and motor is good, just needs a bit of a tun up this spring.

Ken

This problem went away after installing Ford Honey fluid with 2 oz of Ford friction modifier added. It did not go away immediately. It took a few weeks.

What you are experiencing is the nature of this transmission. If you replace the 3rd gear synchro it will return in a few months so don't get too worried about it until it gets much worse.

I have 194,000 as of today on the original tranny ,engine and exhuast.....only parts changed other than routine was both driveshafts and one wheel bearing and my first clutch at 145,000.... all though I tand to have to buy four tires every summer....:)

Back