• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2.5 duratec power loss

adam e

CEG'er
I cleaned my upper and lower intake. Changed my upper gaskets and did a oil change. I then realized that my main power wire was touching my egr tube, and my egr melted my vac line so I replaced it and I'm still having a loss of power I can't find anymore vac leaks. Has this happened to anyone out there or anyone have any hrlpfull tips for me.

Where is the power loss at......upper or lower rpm's? If so your secondaries may not be opening up which could be your imrc cable being disconnected or the imrc being bad. It's the little silver box that sits on the front valve cover. These are known to come loose at the lower intake manifold. I would start there.

it is not his imrc already checked the car out. i told him it was a exhaust leak. you can hear the exhaust leak its noticeable when you let the car idle. i have seen and been in this car a few times and when it was idleing it never sounded the way it does now.

It was my egr tube had a hole in it so I'm gonna delete it n hopefully she will run like a beauty again thanks tho

Back