• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1st time detailing my SVT

starjammir

Hard-core CEG'er
Just thought I'd make a thread about this. I finally got around to detailing my SVT. It wasnt in to bad of shape. GTO Pete did it about 4 months ago and did an amazing job (thanks Pete)
This is what I used:
1. Mothers Gold Class Wash
2. Mothers Clay Bar kit
3. Zaino ZPC with a PC @2200 RPM's
4. Zaino Z1
5. Zaino Z3 (2 coats)
6. S100 (1 coat now 1 tomorrow)

In between both Z3 coats I used Griots Garage Speed detailer and before and after the S100.
I took the pics with my new Sony H2 camera I bought a few weeks ago...Ill take some more shots tomorrow in the sun after I put the other coat of S100 on.
Backed it out of the garage like this...
SVTdetail001Medium.jpg

Washed it...check out the lack of beading (I just added a coat of Zaino in Sept)
SVTdetail002Medium.jpg

After clay wash.
SVTdetail003Medium.jpg

Paint not to bad a few scratches and swirls.
SVTdetail004Medium.jpg

Dull?
SVTdetail005Medium.jpg

All done!!
SVTdetail007Medium.jpg

SVTdetail008Medium.jpg

Window reflection.
SVTdetail009Medium.jpg

SVTdetail012Medium.jpg

SVTdetail011Medium.jpg

Last edited:
Two more...
SVTdetail010Medium.jpg

SVTdetail013Medium.jpg

Overall....took about 5 hours to complete. Did not do the inside though. Maybe I will tomorrow.
Thoughts/comments/suggestions are welcome.
Bill

Looks very nice :D. Your front end makes me jealous, the only part of my car with lots of chipping. Time to repaint.

Thank God you dressed the fender wells, too many people forget :cool:

layering the S100 wont do much because it is a pure carnauba wax. it's too soft of a wax to be built up. the rubbing you do to put on the second coat will essentially rub off wax from the first coat and leave you with as thick of a coat as you began with. the stuff you would want to layer would be whatever synthetic sealant you use. (i dont know anything about the zaino line so i dont know which product that is).

Well, downstairs i go to apply a 2nd coat of Klasse SG!

Edit: ah, i see that you did layer the synthetic (if thats what Z3 is). So thats good, but i still dont think theres a point to layering carnauba

Last edited:
Car looks really good and you did a good job detailing it but, the only thing I would recomend is fixing the bumper sag on the rear bumper. But, other than that the car looks flawless.

Thanks guys,
More mods are coming this winter. Some are secret for now...others include, hightower lights and fixing some minor odds and ends. BTW here are some pics I took today after the second coat of S100..
SVTdetail020Medium.jpg

SVTdetail019Medium.jpg

SVTdetail018Medium.jpg

SVTdetail017Medium.jpg

SVTdetail016Medium.jpg

SVTdetail015Medium.jpg

Back