• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1st set of True Forged wheels on an svt contour!

svt4stv

Hard-core CEG'er
well ok, not ON a contour, but will be :laugh:

17x8 17x8 2 piece TF Formula in brushed aluminum finish with polished lips.

IMG_0296Medium.jpg

IMG_0298Medium.jpg

seems to be nice work...but...not feeling them :shrug:

looks like you were trying to go the NE-O route but then last minute wanted a mesh style but ended up not quite hitting either

seems to be nice work...but...not feeling them :shrug:

looks like you were trying to go the NE-O route but then last minute wanted a mesh style but ended up not quite hitting either

NE-O?

here's what they look like in regular, non-tiny bite sized form
http://tfwheels.com/wheels/formula.html

since he went with 17s, the design got warped a little.

oh dont worry, we have mesh wheels down pat ;)
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ID=165184462&albumID=1518195&imageID=20310063

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ID=165184462&albumID=1787184&imageID=13402268

ill have to wait till there installed b4 i voice my opinion, but im glad to see you made a wheel for us!

Just curious if you offer much for the evo in a 17x9-10 and 18x9-10???

of course 'burt. ill even give you a killer deal being a CEGer and for putting them on an Evo. it would be our first. not at all first for our factory, but for TF! im about to do a set for a 95 turbo supra. giving him a great deal too!

oh, and our 17s ONLY come in 2 piece, but those sizes are NOT a problem. 18" you can choose either or. it mostly affects which finishes you can choose. 3 piece ANY finish, 2 piece, not so much...

i met with KJ of 5.0 Magazine this morning at our factory. he tooks pics for a magazine article. he was scoping some recently completed wheels that were carbon fiber wrapped and said they were some of the nicest wheels he'd seen so far. how about some carbon fiber wrapped wheels for your evo 'burt? :cool:

of course 'burt. ill even give you a killer deal being a CEGer and for putting them on an Evo. it would be our first. not at all first for our factory, but for TF! im about to do a set for a 95 turbo supra. giving him a great deal too!

oh, and our 17s ONLY come in 2 piece, but those sizes are NOT a problem. 18" you can choose either or. it mostly affects which finishes you can choose. 3 piece ANY finish, 2 piece, not so much...

i met with KJ of 5.0 Magazine this morning at our factory. he tooks pics for a magazine article. he was scoping some recently completed wheels that were carbon fiber wrapped and said they were some of the nicest wheels he'd seen so far. how about some carbon fiber wrapped wheels for your evo 'burt? :cool:

What kind of weights would I be looking at, pm me if this is cluttering your thread

A few pics now that they're actually on a Contour:

P1010008.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010006.jpg

Formulas in 17x8, 2 piece with construction bolts. The centers are brushed, the lips are polished (all the way through, which is cool). Mounted with 225/45/17's that are crammed into the rear, but we got it all to clear after some fender trimming and rolling - I'm one of those unfortunates whose Contour was built to lesser tolerances (I also think the Nexens have a bit more sidewall than average).

I'm very happy with these overall - more of a sporty than luxo look. The finishes are gorgeous, and I can say "get the f**k up, those bolts is real!!" :laugh:. It's unfortunate that the lug holes don't sync up with the pattern on the wheel face, but that's kinda the nature of drilling a 5-bolt wheel with a 4-bolt pattern. The only real negative is how far back the valve stems are - about halfway into the width of the wheel, so it's hard to put in air without burning your hand on the rotor.

Kindly ignore my semi-trashed bumper.

The riveted area makes the wheels look a lot smaller than it actually is. If the metal was gone there I think it would look a lot better.

Back