• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 1999 SVT Contour in Ottawa Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

steener2

New CEG'er
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

It's been my baby for more than 14 years. I'm sad. :(

$1500 US

Reluctantly parting with my beloved 99 SVT which I purchased in July 2000 when it had just 3000km on the clock. I have all maintenance records since then, as well as sales brochures, SVT certificate, etc. Oil always changed at 5000km/3000 miles or less, and always with synthetic.

I'm an old fart - car has never been raced or otherwise abused, but it has been enjoyed on some smooth, curvy roads where the cops were few and far between.

Black with tan interior.

The good:

• relatively low mileage: 151000km/94000 miles
  • Engine runs very strong - installed balanced underdrive pulley some years ago
  • Clutch and tranny were replaced under warranty at about 25000km/16000 miles, and are working just fine.
  • Headlights are two years old, so nice and clear and shiny.
  • original wheels are very good. just a few very small nicks - I'd score them 8 or even 9/10
  • sideskirts and jack point covers are all there and in good shape, though jackpoint covers are missing the plastic tabs that hold them in place
  • front and rear fascia all good, no cracks or dents
  • hood, trunk lid, etc., all clean and no rust
  • interior is very, very good. again, 8 or 9/10
  • everything works - a/c blows ice cold; sunroof; all windows; power seat, power antenna, etc., all work fine
  • Kumho Ecsta all-season performance tires, 225s, are at 6/32 all round
  • battery is just a few months old

The bad:

• rust: rocker panels are getting rough; bottoms of a couple of the doors are getting rusty; as are bottom of front fenders where they meet the front doors.

So - I'm asking $1500 US but open to offers.

Note: I won't part it out. I don't have the time or inclination or garage space. If you want the parts, you have to buy them all at once. :)

pics at: (brake rotor looks bad in wheel pic....it's not, really: just surface rust after washing)
http://www.autotrader.ca/cars/ford/contour/on/ottawa/?prx=100&prv=Ontario&loc=Ottawa%2c+ON&sts=New-Used&hprc=True&wcp=True

Attachments

• Capture 3..JPG
    Capture 3..JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture 2..JPG
    Capture 2..JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture 1..JPG
    Capture 1..JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture 5..JPG
    Capture 5..JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture 4..JPG
    Capture 4..JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Decent price, car looks well taken care of.

69d743ad-a27a-4906-bce2-b919bab72fbe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back