• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1999 Contour with cracked engine block, whats next?

if you have no oil you are probably screwed so you can just send it down to Oklahoma:laugh: ...i'll show it the love it deserves:crazy:

ahahahaha im a dummy. I just realized what this meant. when you said "oil in the engine" i thought you meant in areas it wasnt supposed to be in ahahaha. what a dumbass

LOL!!:laugh: ok, good to know that you're not really that stupid, you just can't read!! and that's ok here......no one else can either half the time:blackeye:

omg i crack myself up. "how do i check if theres oil IN the engine?"

dummy.

yeah if theres no oil in the engine, i guess thats a problem beyond repair.

omg i crack myself up. "how do i check if theres oil IN the engine?"

dummy.

yeah if theres no oil in the engine, i guess thats a problem beyond repair.
oh no....ot beyond repair...just a little harder to repair....so...is there any oil in it? milky or no?

Next thing, see if engine is actually stuck (it may be, due to overheat). You will need a socket wrench, rotate engine clockwise with the crankshaft bolt. Does the oil smell "toasted"?

ok, that is good...next chance you get try to locate the source area of the noise and post it, mabey we can help figure it out....oh and check the blinker fluid..that crap can be a real PITA when it gets low!!

Next thing, see if engine is actually stuck (it may be, due to overheat). You will need a socket wrench, rotate engine clockwise with the crankshaft bolt. Does the oil smell "toasted"?

he said it still makes the noise when cranking, so i'm guessing it aint locked up:shrug: good point bout the oil smell tho...i'm guess'n either water pump locked up and/or rings fried...mabey even a bearing or two:shrug:

Oil does have a burned smell

I'll have to do this all tomorrow with daylight, since I'm in an apt and its not well-lit out there. I'll get back to you all.

maybe another dumb question, what the hell is blinker fluid? and what is that used for? i tried to google it first...

Oil does have a burned smell

I'll have to do this all tomorrow with daylight, since I'm in an apt and its not well-lit out there. I'll get back to you all.

maybe another dumb question, what the hell is blinker fluid? and what is that used for? i tried to google it first...

ROFL !!!!! hehehe hahaha!!!! are you serious? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ok guys was that mean? i sorry:cry:

ok, please make me feel better...if you know that much bout electronic surely you don't belive that blinkers require fluid....right??? i cudn't resist..that's an old trick didn't think you'd fall for it:laugh:

oh..i'm an electronic tech and a shade-tree mechanic, although i know more bout older V8s...anyway, don't get butt-hurt i was just hav'n a little fun! let us know when you find something out on the car...i may be online tomorrow so i might be able to talk you threw things...by the way is that a 4banger or a v6?

ok, i have a zetec (4cylinder) also so i know more bout it than the v6. and the 4cyl does have a POS water pump that is driven by the timing belt..so it may be that, which is good...easier to fix than internal stuff. listen to see if the sound comes from the passenger side of the engine..that's where the water pump is

and if it makes you feel any better, my zetec blew a head gasket the day after i bought it..and it runs great now, so there is hope!!!

Back