• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1999 #345 T-green Ported 3L swap

LMFAO His admiring the interior work.

OMG Thats so funny but damn I look sexy! The car is dirty all that dust and stuff on the hood. I just got off the phone with my body guy and hes getting the car today to remove the scratches and dings.

What's up with the other contour? Looks just like mine a few years ago.

I bought that car off of Tourdeforce about a year ago. It used to be a 4cyl automatic, now its a v6 automatic.. Very clean car but has a strange brake fluid leak. I need to swap the drums for rotors thsi weekend and see if that gets rid of the problem.

British racing green over tan is about as classic as you can get.
true, very true. I might go for that scheme if i had a jaguar/lotus or any other two seater 50.60's sports car, but i would still like to see a contour/mondeo in green with black. Photoshop anyone ? ....G.

Slow poke, drink some redbull

the port work is what took me the longest. everything on the car loosened and came out with ease. anhd I drink 1 monster as soon as I get to the shop everyday to give me the boost I need to work in the heat and grime.

the port work is what took me the longest. everything on the car loosened and came out with ease. anhd I drink 1 monster as soon as I get to the shop everyday to give me the boost I need to work in the heat and grime.

I pay my brother $15/hr to do it now so I don't have to sit there for a few hours porting. I just touch it up so it looks purty. He's happy and I'm happy. :)

I pay my brother $15/hr to do it now so I don't have to sit there for a few hours porting. I just touch it up so it looks purty. He's happy and I'm happy. :)

It only takes me 3 hours to port and polish a little bit, so I would ony make $45 working for you ?! :laugh:

It's not really hard, just more annoying but it's gotta be done!

It only takes me 3 hours to port and polish a little bit, so I would ony make $45 working for you ?! :laugh:

It's not really hard, just more annoying but it's gotta be done!

I've dread doing it so much that its the last thing I have left to do on the 3l before its ready to go back in.

I bought that car off of Tourdeforce about a year ago. It used to be a 4cyl automatic, now its a v6 automatic.. Very clean car but has a strange brake fluid leak. I need to swap the drums for rotors thsi weekend and see if that gets rid of the problem.

I have first right of refusal on that SE !!!! (But I'll want a 3L in it... Just 'cause I've never had one)

On one hand, you do great work Sam - far better than I could. On the other, I wish I'd finished it...

I hear ya Jim.. It has taken me a long time to fix most of the bugs on it aswell. I will see if we can get together soon and discuss the possible future of the SE. For now I really dont even have time to sneeze.

After work today Im supposed to be picking up the Green SVT from the body shop after all its touch up work... I hope its finished today as I am very eager to drive it.

of course right before it goes on ebay. But first have to give time to a few parties interested in the car at this time.. then ebay.

Back