• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale or Trade 1998 E1 SVT, 115k Miles. $3.500

millertime86

CEG'er
History: I have no clue how much its worth these days, its been sitting for a few months now because of a bad fuel pump, before that it hasnt been daily driven since 2009. I had brand new rims/tires put on. I Put less than 1000 miles on it since 2009. in late 2010/early 2011 I was getting ready to bring it back to DD duties. I bought brand new 17" rims and brand new tires, took it to the shop to mount tires and inspect it... Well it got a "system too lean" code and didnt pass inspection, but even worse, they scratched up my BRAND NEW rims... at that point I lost ALL interest and let it sit since then, just driving it around the block once every few weeks.

All the Info I can think of at the moment, good and bad:

-Has R-title, was hit lightly in the trunk 2 owners ago, previous owner bought it from an auction where they gave it an r-title. trunk was replaced by previous owner, I drove it from 102k to 115k miles, not a single problem til the fuel pump now. (my fault for letting it sit) most reliable car ive ever driven.
-225/45zr17 tires, brake pads and rims all literally have less than 100 miles on them
-Scuffs on all the rims from garage putting on tires
-window tint all around
-Rotors are getting alittle rusty
-All stock except for some aesthetic mods (Mustang GT scoop, eyelids, HIDs, blackened crome strip/oval, rims, yellow fogs, pre-98 window sails, etc)
-Stripped sunroof gear
-Painted red calipers with white SVT logos
-Small 1/2"x6" scratch/dent in back passanger door
-nice Am/fm/cd/mp3 head unit w/ remote
-short-throw shifter
-Engine/tranny are both 100%, no knocks/noises, no 3rd gear synchro/grinding/etc
-previous owner and I always used mobil 1 synthetic oil and premium gas.

Items included but not installed:

-Short ram air intake (bought it for the nice sound, but also thought it might fix intake leak/'system too lean' code)
-Brand new Magnaflow resonator that everyone seems to like (forget the model number)
-Brand new rotors; 2 front, 2 back
-Brand new Fuel Pump
-Brand new Fuel Filter
-Brand new Mobil 1 Oil filter
-2 Sunroof gears, one brand new "heavy duty/upgraded" and one used one I pulled from a junk yard.

Will add anything I can think of later. On to the pics:

nbx9h4.jpg

2nupvo2.jpg

jzwf8z.jpg

2rgckqr.jpg

Cant remember if you still NEED to put a price up... if so, ummm $100,000 obo ;)

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back